Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Hey Indy! Sorry for bugging you...

But is there a possibility that we could have our posts' gold borders changed to match our quote border colour?

I'd love my posts to have a light blue border to match my quote colour.

I'm sorry to say nope. The border around our posts is an image. So that means I would need to create a separate image for each colour and ship all those images with RS Linkify.

If it were a simple matter of changing a colour value it would be no problem (I'd have done it long ago), but unfortunately that's not the case.

To give you an example, jmod and fmod posts are not even coloured, they have entirely different images that make up their post bubbles. Even our posts are images (grey).

The way I made them recolour-able was through lots of trial and error. I ended up making new backgrounds in photoshop and making them transparent except the border. That way RS Linkify can change the background colour behind it.

I can't do that with the border because there'd be nothing left and I can only assign one background colour (the background for out posts).

It's actually really weird how these forum pages are built with layer upon layer of images and elements. Not only weird but also limiting from my end.

I just threw in the gold borders as a tokenistic gesture because I was using them for my posts, thought others might like it too.

The quote bubbles are different, they are not made of images, they are a basic element that has a border property, thus we can choose our own colour and that made it easy for me to provide custom options.

Hope that explains why I can't do it.

15-Dec-2014 06:22:57 - Last edited on 15-Dec-2014 11:12:28 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oo... I did not expect that to be the case, but I noticed ever since the forums were changed (Early 2012? Late 2011?), the forums were just so heavy because everything had to load, on top of everything that had already loaded..

Thank you as always for your insightful response(s), and I guess I'm going back to gold borders for quotes :P
Unslain Bosses - Clan

15-Dec-2014 06:26:56

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi linkifiers! Awesome work as usual, Indsy (yes, with an S for extra cuteness!). It's always interesting to read what you have to say regarding limitations and all that. Useful for any future suggestions I might have.

16-Dec-2014 11:52:52

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Morgypie ­<3

I hope all is well :)

­­­­

Just did a small update: Version 3.1.7.1

Nothing exciting, I noticed the HLF Help & Action Center QFC has changed so I've updated HLF Forum Reporting to work with the new thread.

Also updated the QFC for regular forum reporting too, but that QFC changes every 5 min so it wont last long, but it can be manually edited when needed :)

16-Dec-2014 23:24:44

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top