Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Today I learnt that you can search from the "Jump to QFC" box

Blasty mentioned that a few pages back, nice they made an improvement to it.

But imo the best improvements came a while ago when they made it possible to search for short thread names (all short names used to bring up zero results).

They still need to handle hyphens/underscores better. Searching rs linkify brings up no results for example. The searching threads by a specific user doesn't really work either.

But it's great to see any improvement, I hope they keep it up.

Amaethwr said :
Make it fill up the screen like the dev console in-game! :P

Nah, I actually played around with having snow settling on the bottom and settling on other objects on the forum pages. But it looks really wrong, white (and lots of it) does not work well with these forums.

It's hard to explain but even with the best looking snow it doesn't look good here, on just about any other web page it looks better.

These forums are so dark and are not even remotely Chrismasy (is Chrismasy even a word?), and having while snow pile up really clashes. Much better to have it disappear into oblivion I think.

17-Dec-2014 23:22:21 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2014 23:30:31 by Indecent Act

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Nah, ...
Its okay, I suppose if it worked the exact same way as the dev console then before long we wouldn't be able to read the forum page :P + I think it'd be Christmassy ..

Perhaps you could do something similar to the Halloween theme'd page, and brighten up the whole background to make the snow 'fit' better?
Selective Completionist

18-Dec-2014 21:57:49

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Amaethwr,

Christmas has been a real challenge. These forums really don't lend themselves well to a Christmas theme (I have tried and I'm not happy with any of my results). I'd really need much more time if I were do a Christmas theme and have it at a standard I'm happy with.

I also feel not much time has elapsed since my last fun update, personally I like my fun updates to come as a surprise. Or at the very least not be too predictable.

Anything I do (actually it's done and out and just waiting) will be low key, my main aim is just to say Merry Christmas to my Linkify family :)

I do however like your suggestions, but for the above reasons what I do will be minimal.

Maybe next year I plan something bigger for Christmas, but tbh I'm more excited about Halloween next year. I'm ignoring my friends advice and I'm going to get into everyone's heads and mess with your fears. I have a year to subliminally manipulate over 2000 forum users, and when I own your minds, the fun will begin and Halloween will be the day my zombie army takes over the world. Or at the very least, Gielinor  *.~

Edit: ^Spoiler Alert!

18-Dec-2014 23:14:50 - Last edited on 18-Dec-2014 23:16:30 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top