Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Rowley appears online for everyone, that's just because of his awesome presence, don't need a script to know he's here, you can feel it!

Ahaha, awwwww ­<3 ­<3

-

I have a suggestion, but I don't know how viable it would be...

The basic idea would be to let users "favourite" specific threads (up to 5 at a time, or so?), and it would remember the last page you visited on that thread. This is only an issue on big threads, or threads that have a lot of discussion you want to read, but you forgot just where you got up to in a thread. (Chat lounge, this thread, introductions, and a couple of "interesting" threads in RS:G, for instance)

The favourite could be indicated by a small star on the left, There is a huge space between the left and the title of the thread, even on stickied topics, so there's plenty of room.

You could (un)favourite the thread by a simple right click menu just under RS Linkify.

Clicking the newly added star on the left would take you to the last page you visited on the thread, similarly to how 'latest post' takes you to the last post of the thread.

Anyway... Just an idea, I'm not sure how possible it would be.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

19-Sep-2014 13:42:27

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For Morgy :)

HTTP://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GAkiawvJKhg/TRCy8nX168I/AAAAAAAADFo/5Zhy_i45CBo/s1600/Picture+2.png

@Rowley,

that sounds viable. There may be times you don't want to visit the last page you saw on a bookmarked thread though. Book marking something for the information on a page plus browsing the thread might not have desirable results next time you return.

That doesn't mean it cant be done, I just need to figure an elegant way to cover both scenarios.

I have actually played with some bookmark features that included a watch list that indicated the amount of posts since last visited and what page the thread was now residing on.

Bookmarks has been something I have been putting off for so long and tbh I have no good reason to put it off. I'll definitely make it a higher priority, it would probably be a well used feature.

19-Sep-2014 14:03:23

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
There may be times you don't want to visit the last page you saw on a bookmarked thread though. Book marking something for the information on a page plus browsing the thread might not have desirable results next time you return.

Now we're delving into the idea..

Would it be possible to bookmark pages, or maybe even individual posts on a thread? If you were to implement the star feature, you could add a right click option, maybe? I'm not too sure.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

19-Sep-2014 14:10:35

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top