Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's cool I got it sorted, and thank you for your help :)

What determines when it happens is how you land on this thread. One example landing on this thread directly from another thread (bypassing the forum section pages). There are other ways to reproduce it too.

RS Linkify needs to do some trickery to determine who the thread author is under these circumstances and when this info arrives, linkify has already finished all its work.

So the icon is just tacked on and no more checks are done (my badge override ran before the author info was retrieved, thus nothing to override). Normally the badge override runs after the thread author info. Except in this case as I need to make extra requests to get the author data.

Not sure if that makes sense, but it means it's an easy fix :)

19-Sep-2014 05:47:31 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2014 05:53:48 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Ryan M said :
Also, I'm sure you've noticed that some clan names are outrageously long and would benefit from using spacing (like the clan Mod Lee is in).

It appears to display 18 characters out of the 19 it the clan name. I don't know how well it would be to break up names like that, but I thought it was interesting.

That's a nice example of problematic titles. Breaking it up would only work if I did it on a case by case basis and of course that's not going to happen.

As of Version 3.1.4.6 (latest version) I have made a new rule, titles 18 characters or more that contain no spaces have their font size reduced.

As was before, If they contain a space then a new line replaces the first occurrence of a space and the font size remains the same.

I think (hope) this will cover most tiles. Thanks for the example, that's exactly what I needed to see.

Oh the reason why a character what cut off is because of the post bubble outer edge is opaque and covers it. z-index couldn't fix it so I went with font resizing. I doubt there will be too many clan names that long that are all uppercase and contain no spaces, but it's nice to have long names covered.

A number of improvements have been made as a result from your feedback, so I'd like to say thank you very much for all your help, it's very much appropriated :)

19-Sep-2014 08:24:24

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
" Noblesse Oblige. I pray for your continuing service as a saviour. " — Eden of the East

Also, just wanted to state that a certain background made me jump (cause it's really dark at the moment and I was not expecting it to be one of the random backgrounds) when looking at some hiscores. Can you guess without clicking the spoiler? O_o

HTTP://www.indecentcode.com/hs/wallpapers/Barbarian_Assault.jpg
Game over man, GAME OVER!

Edit: I keep forgetting about gradients. :|

19-Sep-2014 11:38:41 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2014 11:39:36 by Ryan M

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Ryan M said :
"Noblesse Oblige. I pray for your continuing service as a saviour." — Eden of the East

Lovely quote, made me smile :)

And yes that images does appear too dark. I'm not 100% sure where I got it from. Most of my official wallpapers (not concept art) came from the runescape site or from RS pages on the wayback machine (that was years ago before the removal of many pages).

I just did a quick image search and the results are quite similar so I'm not sure what the deal is with that.

http://goo.gl/wYJapV

I might be able to brighten it up a little, but now I'm curious to know what the original was like. It's not the prettiest picture tbh.

Edit: My guess was wrong!

19-Sep-2014 12:02:06 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2014 12:09:43 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top