Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Acko said :
I like it, feel like it will just add to the armory of flaming that some players seemingly only log in for.

* evil grin *

Blasty said :
Oooooh, I think the clan update is an awesome addition!

No one in my clan really posts on forums, but I wonder if anyone is interested in automatic post colouring based on the clan name from it. (as opposed to having a stored and occasionally updated list)

­­­­­­­­­­­­ .:
Blasty
the Blue
:.­­­­­­­­­

I hadn't really thought about that. That would be really nice, use less local storage and no reading through arrays matching names.

But there is only one thing though, the clan data isn't 100% reliable. There are times when I just get 404 http stats code so unless I can eliminate that I shouldn't build any dependencies on it.

Hmm maybe I could still do it, and use existing clan colouring system as a fallback. I need to think about this. I'd really like to do what you suggested, its a smart way to go.

18-Sep-2014 12:11:22 - Last edited on 18-Sep-2014 12:20:20 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Glad you like it Rowley ­<3

It's the colour of titles and display name that's bothering me.

On a test version I made the titles white(ish) to see how it would look.

The main issue I have with it is due to the suffixes and prefixes. Some times white is above the name, other times white is below.

Seeing a row of avatars with mixed up colouring is what I dislike. Imo if white can't always be topmost or always under the name then they should be the same colour. That's the only way I can get any uniformity.

I don't know if it's just me being OCD about it, but I like that symmetry.

18-Sep-2014 12:34:41 - Last edited on 18-Sep-2014 12:35:10 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Singularity said :
Clan update is cool

Posts would be even cooler though :(

- “Fear makes companions of us all.” -

I'm guessing by posts that means post count. I have looked into it, and the issue is retrieving that info for 10 posts per page, every page load, is a very uncool thing to do in regard to Jagex's systems.

The way I get all the can names is in a single request (I found by accident). If there was a way I could get all the post counts  in a single request I'd definitely do it.

It may be possible but to my knowledge it isn't, and there is very little information on this kind of thing too.

Blasty said :
What about something slightly darker?

.PlayerInfoTitle, .modTitle {
color: rgb(150,100,40);
}

­­­­­­­­ .:
Blasty
the Blue
:.­­­­­­

Tbh Blasty I think I've looked at too long, and now I'll never be happy with anything.

It's not so much the colours, it's the fact they are arranged differently from post to post. To my eye the first line of text should be the same colour for all users, and same goes for the second line of text. Unless lots of people object I'm going to stick with uniformity and keep them the same.

As you can see the image, the top most text (and bottom text) is different for both players, and that's what I don't like.

If I wasn't arranging titles by their suffix/prefix it wouldn't be an issue.

But by all means throw ideas colour combinations at me, but atm I think having them the same makes the prefix suffix swapping work well.

http://puu.sh/bDULa.jpg

18-Sep-2014 13:12:50

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hevilmystic said :
I like it how it is. Titles are always the same colour as whatever is above the name, and the clan names are always the same colour as what is below the name.

It matches perfectly.

That's exactly my thinking too. Keep it simple and uniform and you cant go wrong imo.

18-Sep-2014 13:15:01

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top