RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Weyburn
Oct Member 2019

Weyburn

Posts: 11,487 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Hiya Weyburn,

I'll try and reproduce what you have described, but tbh that's the strangest issue I've heard. Linkify certainly can't do anything when computer is asleep, not even sure chrome does much either.

I'll look into it but I have a feeling I may end up with a plethora of questions to ask. I think the first thing I'll look at is what goes on when the computer wakes up and go from there.

yea i have no clue either considering it's only time specifically and nothing else. I usually put my computer into hibernation mode and hop onto different nets throughout the day if that helps at all.
New DG Minigame Idea - HLF Link + LLF Link + RuneLabs Idea:3077
Draconic Fury

29-Apr-2015 05:57:25

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Weyburn said :
yea i have no clue either considering it's only time specifically and nothing else. I usually put my computer into hibernation mode and hop onto different nets throughout the day if that helps at all.
Just posting so you know I'm working on it, and to say thank you for your patience :)

I've done some testing with sleep/hibernate in windows 7, Vista and XP (I don't have windows 8) and can't reproduce the issue. So the next thing I'm going to do is write a function that verifies the saved settings. This will mean if something is corrupt or not the correct type it'll be corrected when linkify starts up.

Not even sure that'll solve the problem but it's something I've wanted to do for a while. Worst case is it doesn't improve anything for you, but it will at least eliminate that as a cause.

I doubt I'll get this done and updated before the weekend, but sometime during the weekend I hope to push it out.

Amaethwr said :
Sounds familiar.. ;p
http://puu.sh/hv5yu.png
That's a little too hard core for me. Besides I don't like the idea of missing out on the taste :)

29-Apr-2015 18:11:13 - Last edited on 29-Apr-2015 18:13:31 by Indecent Act

Ziksy
Oct Member 2012

Ziksy

Posts: 13,420 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Have signatures been removed? As When RSOF signatures were introduced, I just removed my Linkify one. But now I get this at end of each my post:
(qfc id=14-15 page=10056][/qfc] (just the first bracket is [ so the code remains hidden)

And it only shows after I click Submit button. Any idea where this could come from or how I remove it? It's tedious when I write long posts and it gets corrupted because this code gets pushed in.
I've just noticed that 10056 is the code of my Custom Avatar I use. Could be that?
Red
Yellow
Green

30-Apr-2015 09:39:44 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2015 09:44:21 by Ziksy

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Ziksy,

Yep that's your custom avatar code. The code points to your custom avatar on my server and tells RS Linkify to display it. Only posts that contain the hidden code will display a custom avatar.

You can turn it off here...

Settings --> Avatars & Badges --> Add Custom Avatar Code to my Posts

It shouldn't be corrupting your posts though, if there is not enough characters remaining the code wont be added. That's how it supposed to work anyway. I'll check it right now and make sure that's the case.

Edit: just tested, it wont add code if there isn't enough space for it. Nothing was getting corrupted for me. Be aware editing a post may have different results since the forums encode entities (example & = & amp ;) thus will truncate your post and can break BB tags, links QFCs etc.

If your posts are somehow getting corrupted please give me a qfc/link to the post and I'll look into it asap.

30-Apr-2015 10:37:03 - Last edited on 30-Apr-2015 11:25:48 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top