Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
^Why am I not surprised you noticed that?

Nicely spotted btw :)

@Otter, I believe they are just tossing around ideas, so now is the time to mention it. From what I saw on Reddit the main concern what keeping an old school look. I think it's possible to have both the old school feel and have some up to date features.

Just prototype. I think it's all a mockup and no actual code was done.

23-Apr-2015 14:58:35

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
*pokes this thread back to life*

Hehe it's been quite but I have taken advantage of that.

For the first time in the last 80 days (actually a little more) I have just gone 2 days in a row without touching Linkify. So even though it's been quiet on this thread, it's been good timing :)

Still got more to do, but I'm finally at a stage where I can look away from it for a minute and not feel as though I should be pushing out updates asap.

HTTP://i.imgur.com/v2Vaxfk.png^
Apt!

26-Apr-2015 16:06:10

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Amaethwr said :
Take breaks whenever you feel like it :P

Tbh it hasn't felt like a chore and it's been quite enjoyable. But it's nice to play runescape and that's something I haven't done for quite a while.

Not sure what update I'll do next, tossing up between god icons and forum reporting. I might think about it some more after a farm run :)

28-Apr-2015 02:06:39

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Weyburn,

I'll try and reproduce what you have described, but tbh that's the strangest issue I've heard. Linkify certainly can't do anything when computer is asleep, not even sure chrome does much either.

I'll look into it but I have a feeling I may end up with a plethora of questions to ask. I think the first thing I'll look at is what goes on when the computer wakes up and go from there.

28-Apr-2015 09:36:26

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whenever you have the free time, it would be nice to see the return of the report post feature. :)

Also this happened today: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Jagex_Skype_Meeting
It was interesting for all attending parties.

28-Apr-2015 18:34:20

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks for the link. That does look interesting. Lots of talk about APIs and forums too. It's hard to be hopeful from my perspective. I feel fansites support Jagex and it's rarely returned. I'd really like to see that change.

Most likely will do forum reporting next. My biggest problem was keeping the qfc code up to date for the forum report thread. I relied on manual input from the user as well as setting a new qfc in some updates. I always felt it was a bit sloppy but I think I've just developed a better way to handle it now.

Not many opportunities for testing this but that shouldn't matter so much and wont hold me back.

29-Apr-2015 01:59:08

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Depending on what happens moving forward, we might see more support for the overall program and structure of it all. Some things were very nice to get done in the meeting like understanding what is appropriate and what would not be to publish before it can be obtained if mechanics are leaked in some form or another.

It'll be curious exploring how the RSW editor base has a dicey relationship with Wikia Inc but Jagex has a good one with the executive team at Wikia Inc.

I don't mind having to find the thread in question as long as I know the correct sub-forum, which I currently do not know. It's also fine to have a user-input for the help thread in the general forums.

29-Apr-2015 04:44:58

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top