Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Anti Bit

Anti Bit

Posts: 6,738 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indy/Blasty, there's something I wanted to ask either of you if you'd be able to make/if you think it'd work.

As you know, I keep track of almost everything Ports. The main thing that I update daily is the distance of those racing to the distance cap.

Would it be possible to create something like a Google spreadsheet/doc, with properties like....

>Ranks entries by most distance.
>Logs and displays time of entry.
>Only keeps track of the top 20.
>Removes a username from top 20 if it is entered again with a new distance.
>Requires that a puush must be added [That trails to near their name during ranking] with their entry, so all entries could be verified.

27-Jan-2014 06:38:49

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ Not at my computer atm, but one issue would be that there's no easy way outside the rs website to verify the display name of the submission. Submissions would be pretty much entirely anonymous unless we find some way to be certain the display name of a submission is correct.

E: Unless it's been patched, I do know one way at the moment to confirm display names, but jagex would probably ban me for trying.

E: If you don't mind anonymous submissions and you just want an automatically compiled list of submissions easier than the forums to check, then I can work something out.
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

27-Jan-2014 09:22:42 - Last edited on 27-Jan-2014 09:42:52 by Blasty

Meredith wtf

Meredith wtf

Posts: 4,160 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blasty said :
^ Not at my computer atm, but one issue would be that there's no easy way outside the rs website to verify the display name of the submission. Submissions would be pretty much entirely anonymous unless we find some way to be certain the display name of a submission is correct.

E: Unless it's been patched, I do know one way at the moment to confirm display names, but jagex would probably ban me for trying.

E: If you don't mind anonymous submissions and you just want an automatically compiled list of submissions easier than the forums to check, then I can work something out.

They'll probably patch it as soon as you start using it L

27-Jan-2014 17:23:28

Anti Bit

Anti Bit

Posts: 6,738 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blasty said :

Anonymous submissions would be perfectly fine, as long as it requires a puush, as that could be the verification for username as well.

27-Jan-2014 17:43:54

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top