Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Acko, there are so many thing it could be, it's almost impossible to guess. Anyway I'm glad you're back up running again with RS Linkify.

When you have RS Linkify configured to you liking, make sure you export your settings so you have a backup, in case you need them again :)

If you have any issues let me know because I like things run as smoothly as I can.

@Dredd, damn you are too fast for me. I was just doing a server reboot after I posted. I thought enough time would have passed when you saw my post.

Chances are you refreshed titles before my server had finished rebooting. I can see your new title so try refreshing titles again and you should be good :)

Sorry to have kept you waiting all this time!

17-Aug-2014 07:03:05

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Working on a rewrite of hlf polls atm, with improvements afterwards. :) Doing a course involving Java atm and the way it handles classes and inheritence is a huge revelation for me. :O

I'm trying a much more structured and concise pattern compared to what I had before so improvements should be muuuuch easier to make. Will be avoiding copying and pasting blocks of code at all costs >.<

Also I think I've figured some things out about css that means I won't need as many structural divs and no weird unnecessary absolute positioning.

http://googledrive.com/host/0B_P4A1paVEPbeGpCUjZxTGVDMms/create.html (2nd rewritten js)
http://googledrive.com/host/0B_P4A1paVEPbeGpCUjZxTGVDMms/poll.html (1st rewritten js)
­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ .:
Blasty
the Blue
:.­­­­­­­­­­­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

17-Aug-2014 19:18:47

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Has anyone had problems with the lightbox not working?

Sometimes when I click to enlarge the image nothing will happen, even after refreshing a couple times, then it will just start randomly working again shortly after. It's been happening for a little while now, I just haven't said anything because I wasn't sure if it was just me or something else.

Blessed
are the
destroye
rs of fa
lse hope
, for th
ey are t
he true
Messiahs

17-Aug-2014 19:47:09 - Last edited on 17-Aug-2014 19:47:48 by Klyntar

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Kable,

I've done a small update regarding the light box.

RS Linkify Version 3.1.2.8 has some improvements, I'm not sure if it's 100% effective but I just went and viewed every image in the Boss Records thread, using the lightbox.

So far not once was there a problem, so I feel as though I'm the right track and pushed out this update. However I may still need to make some adjustments, but I need to see how this goes first.

As always, thank you for your feedback :)

18-Aug-2014 04:59:56

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Has it ever happened to you that you spend hours trying to solve an issue with your code. You give up for the day and decide to go to bed... you wake up and magically come up with a solution in 10 minutes?

It's so weird... spent 2 hours trying to fix some bugs in my code yesterday and came up with a half arsed solution that wasn't even 100% functional. Today I opened my IDE, got to work with the code and had it fixed in 10 minutes!! 100% functional. All that time wasted yesterday.

19-Aug-2014 04:44:27 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2014 04:45:56 by Morgan

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Morgan said :
Has it ever happened to you that you spend hours trying to solve an issue with your code. You give up for the day and decide to go to bed... you wake up and magically come up with a solution in 10 minutes?

It's so weird... spent 2 hours trying to fix some bugs in my code yesterday and came up with a half arsed solution that wasn't even 100% functional. Today I opened my IDE, got to work with the code and had it fixed in 10 minutes!! 100% functional. All that time wasted yesterday.

Yep, I do much of my trouble shooting when my computer is off. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes just a five minute break is enough to see things differently when you come back.

Some of my best ideas and solutions have been when I'm out and doing something totally unrelated. I don't know why it happens that way.

But because it happens frequently, I've learnt to walk away even when things are going well, just on the off chance I'll get some new inspiration.

Sounds like you are doing well with your code ­<3

19-Aug-2014 05:22:41

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top