Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Morgypie, hope you are well :)

http://puu.sh/b0xpz.jpg

All he needs to do is hit that Refresh Titles button.

I really need to make a way for all users to make requests, I started to make a twitter thingy so people can ask for avatars and titles, but I'm so not into social media. I really should get it sorted though.

20-Aug-2014 17:19:33

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could you not get a simple Twitter widget for your desktop, or something? ;o

Could always make a Twitter that a few Linkifiers could have access to, so nothing's missed & it's checked regularly. I don't know how many people actually use Twitter around here though. :P

Edit:

I've used 1.6gb data since last Friday, and I have 4.4gb to last me until next Wednesday (when my internet comes back, hopefully), so I plan to forum a little more. :)
Unslain Bosses - Clan

21-Aug-2014 04:22:44 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2014 04:24:11 by Hevilmystic

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Rowley :)

Yes I will do something like that for twitter. Tbh I don't mind if not many people use it. I just want to provide something for those who don't have access to this thread.

I think in some ways twitter will be perfect, messages are short and images can be embedded in tweets. That covers all my needs.

Seems you are managing you data quite well, I know how it is, I only have 3G where I live. Not even ADSL, actually not even phone lines where I am. Decent internet is not a reality for me. I've leant to manage it pretty well though.

21-Aug-2014 06:58:36

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Small suggestion since custom titles check for the author in posts, any possibility you could do the same for the .userBarContent in the header? I currently do it through Tampermonkey, just think it might be nice as part of Linkify. :)
http://puu.sh/b3ICe/962b2d8e78.png

Also, is it just me or with and without Linkify the avatar in the .userBarContent lacks the link to the Adventurer's Log? The link exists outside of the forums for it. :|

22-Aug-2014 23:19:14

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Ryan M,

It's not just you, I just disabled RS Linkify and I get the same behaviour as you described. I never noticed that before, actually I never noticed that it linked to alog on other pages.

I only checked on the home page and on the forums but it seems kind of strange that it's not the same across the site.

And yep I'll add title to that area, I agree it'll be a nice touch. I'll probably make the avatar link to the alog while I'm at it :)

23-Aug-2014 01:19:24

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Rowley :)

Hmmm I wonder what's going on with those avatars. Mine does highlight on hover when I'm on other pages (GE, Home Page, Wiki) But not on forums. Checked with Linkify disabled of course.

It's a webkit filter for the brightness on hover, but not on forum pages (for me anyway). I'm surprised they didn't give it a nice transition.

-webkit-filter: brightness(1.2);

The should have made it...

.userBar .loggedIn .avatar:hover {
-webkit-filter: brightness(1.2);
transition: all .3s;
}

to make it a bit nicer, they might as well if they are using webkit prefixes.
I might add in a transition when I fiddle around it with next.

Been a bit distracted lately (working on my site and neglecting RS Linkify) I keep changing my mind with things. It's like two steps forward and one step backward. But I'm getting there :)

23-Aug-2014 11:00:52

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top