Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Purple Sorceress Indecent Act said :
@Keighlea, hmmm it's working fine for me.

With a signature enabled, quotes are placed before the signature (without clicking the text area).

If click anywhere in the text area quotes are placed at last cursor location.

I'll look into it today.

I just updated my Chrome version today, so it's probably an issue with the 64 bit update. Leaving this here as an example of it happening lol
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

27-Jul-2014 01:28:14

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^
I'm doing an update in a little while so I'll see if I can make any improvements to that as well.

I'm so glad I'm only supporting chrome, if I were to support other browsers I'd have quit my job I think :)

Anyway I do appreciate you letting me know, most of the things I've changed due to different versions of chrome have been improvements, so in the long its for the better.

I'll post again to let you know when I've done an update and hopefully it'll help with your signature :)

27-Jul-2014 02:01:51

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

^
I'm hoping the copious amounts of ­coffee did the trick.

Here's an update ( Version 3.1.0.9 edit: Version 3.1.1.0) for you to try. Hopefully this will sort out your quoting/signature issue.

27-Jul-2014 05:02:51 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2014 05:54:27 by Indecent Act

StoutStarmie

StoutStarmie

Posts: 2,515 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could you make this an avatar? Would prefer without the black background if it's possible and not too much work :)

http://puu.sh/asMrh/7e35433fd1.png
It's not the end that I fear with each breath, it's life that scares me to death

27-Jul-2014 06:17:04

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
It would seem that it hasn't :(

However, it seems to be working fine on the regular 32 bit Chrome :) (though I didn't think to try this before the update to 3.1.1.0

As an off topic question, how do you pick your version numbers? Like what made you go from 1.x to 2.x and to 3.x? Major changes to how it works?

The Purple Sorceress
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

27-Jul-2014 06:44:09

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Here you go :)

Embed Legend http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10481.png 10482

Keighlea said :
As an off topic question, how do you pick your version numbers? Like what made you go from 1.x to 2.x and to 3.x? Major changes to how it works?

Generally version numbers follow Major.Minor.Patch. But there are many variants. It seems to come down to personal preference.

For my version numbers, I treat the first digit as major (usually means the update isn't backwards compatible) and I generally treat the last 3 digits as a single number and increment that.

However I will increment the the second digit if I feel there maybe some compatibility issues. For example changing the avatar system didn't make it non-backward compatible, but rolling back would cause issues so the second digit can reflect that.

Basically think of the first digit is the major version, the following are both patches and updates.

I mainly did it this way because at the time I didn't know how google read version numbers, and if they don't increment in a certain way I can't update. So I played it safe with major followed by 3 digits.

The last digits, even though they increment as a single digit (most of the time), don't actually represent the amount of updates. I increment my test versions and they often don't get published. Though lately I don't think I've skipped any versions.

Now about that quoting thing, I really don't want to install canary to see what's going on. I had a bad experience last time. So I'm not sure what I'll do about it just yet.

Edit: J3 beat me to it!

27-Jul-2014 08:04:55 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2014 08:05:44 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top