Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Faded Myths

Faded Myths

Posts: 3,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow! Great to see how this has progressed Indy :) So many new features for me to explore!

Just want to say thanks for putting so much effort into this extension - You've really made the forums a pleasure to use.

­­­­
Merry Christmas!
­­­­

­­­­
°
FàÐéÐ Mÿ
°

­Zaros­­­­

26-Dec-2013 10:46:15

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
http://puu.sh/5Zpui.png

Occasionally I'll get the above when loading threads and posting, idk what it is but sometimes the page gets messed up (as you can see the reply box doesn't look right), a refresh solves it but it does get quite annoying.

Any idea what this could be?

26-Dec-2013 19:57:54

Toastcrumbs

Toastcrumbs

Posts: 5,801 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
Any idea what this could be?

I would say it is more to do with the loading of the page, rather than Linkify. The same problem happens to me occasionally, if I scroll down then up before the page loads correctly, but never to that extent.

Only thing I can think of at this moment is, is everything on the page loading correctly, before you scroll down?

26-Dec-2013 23:41:51

Krylla
Mar Member 2012

Krylla

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yea, remember that being an issue for a while. The solution I used was creating a userscript to completely rework the reply box.

@Indy - glad to see Linkify progressing so well since the last time I saw it (quite a while ago) nicely done! :)

27-Dec-2013 01:05:35

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Hardstylez, I haven't see that before.

I notice all the BB buttons aren't there as well as the smiley buttons, Preview and Submit buttons not there, looks like the character limit is missing too. There are things broken in that pic that RS Linkify doesn't touch.

Is there any indication RS-Linkify has interacted with the page?
Indications that RS-Linkify has run are...

Page up up/down buttons.
Bottom buttons for refresh and return to forums.
Post # links (next to highlight)
Do custom avatars appear
Are title suffixes and prefixes reordered

If none of these things are occurring, then RS Linkify is either aborting because it can't deal with the problems in page, or it's not even attempting to run because there are problems or it can't recognise the page, or most likely is crashing part way though when the inconsistency/problem is reached. However none of these things will remove existing elements from the page.

The fact it doesn't happen consistently and there are broken elements that RS-Linkify doesn't interact with makes me think the problem is in the page.

Generally when I break something it's either broken good and proper and occurs consistently, or it can at least be reproduced consistently.

Really need to know is there a common factor with pages this occurs on. Like is it only within a particular forums section, or doesn't only occur on pages with jmod posts.

Recently there was jmod post generating script errors, this crashed all my installed extensions and didn't help the forum pages much either. Kind of like sabotage from their own staff. This however only occurred if you looked at pages that he'd posted on. Fortunately this wasn't wide spread, but if there was ever a time to ban/lock/hide jmod posts, that was it.

I'll look into it, if the problem is in RS Linkify then I will get it sorted.

Keighlea said :
-Prepares some coffee for Indy's awakening-
Thank you for th ecoffee :)

27-Dec-2013 01:06:35

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top