Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Rob D

Rob D

Posts: 1,626 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :

Rob D said :
Quick question, how did you guys make your background and things visible for everyone else? For ours, we can only see our own. (At least that's what I think)

[
Rob
|
Potato_Legacy
|
CalamityPK
]

You are correct custom colours only appear to you. This thread is the only exception to that, and it was just a fun experiment I did in the very early days of RS Linkify. It's hard coded into linkify, and if Linkify detects you have landed on this thread it applies a textured post bubble.

I was going to remove it (over a year ago), but I got many players asking me not to do so, so it's been this way ever since and is just a part of this thread now.

I do have an experimental thing going on where if you post (on this thread) with an empty colour tag [d odgerblue][/dod gerblue] at the very beginning of your post, the background will coloured according the colour tag.

Yeah it looks really good, is it too hard for this mode to be enabled for everyone? It would make the forums look even more amazing

[
Rob
|
Potato_Legacy
|
CalamityPK
]

21-Jan-2015 04:11:42

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rob D said :
Yeah it looks really good, is it too hard for this mode to be enabled for everyone? It would make the forums look even more amazing

Not hard to enable for it everyone, I might do something in the future that provides a few different backgrounds. I'm currently (just started) working on a complete re-write of RS Linkify so it'll be a while before I look at doing cosmetic stuff.

­­­­

Oh while I'm posting, Version 3.1.7.32 is live and addresses the issue mentioned on this thread: Want to post runelab links? . The smiley that breaks the link is now removed from all runelabs links. If you have smileys off you wont notice any difference.

Even though Linkify provides an option on your profile page to toggle smileys, this update should be nice for those who prefer to have them on.

21-Jan-2015 08:12:29

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Body btw said :

this is awesome :O

---- sorry just read up

I'm going to make it so we can optionally use gradients for our custom posts, they look so much nicer than the flat colours.

But I'm not going to extend them to be viewable for all, like they are on this thread. I think it would be a bit much :)

21-Jan-2015 19:15:47

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Kakamile said :
Forum Reskin

This is your moment (8)

Problem is they're working on signature creation. That's bad news for HLF'ers who post in LLF, suggestions?

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that. It's really good to know.

I'm already in the process of re-writing RS Linkify from scratch. I started day before yesterday. Looks like it was good timing. Pretty excited about the re-write, got some cool features in works :)

Their re-skin will quite likely cause havoc with RS Linkify, but it's nothing I haven't been through before. It's just a matter catching the update as soon as it happens so I can get some quick fixes out asap.

The signatures creation shouldn't be bad news, I'm not sure what you mean by that so elaborate by all means. Tbh I'll embrace anything that takes some of the load off Linkify. So far every forum update (there's been a few) has created more work for Linkify, not less. This could make a nice change, but I wont get my hopes up.

They seem to have a text spoiler, the tag has existed for ages but does nothing.
http://i.imgur.com/hcfvDws.png

Looking at the sig, I have a feeling sig blocking (that I'm currently working on) will be much easier.
http://i.imgur.com/yznb3Oi.png

No matter that they do, I'm going to have my work cut out for me. I really hope they make some substantial improvements. Reducing the workload for linkify means I might be able to do more hardcore features.

Anyway I'll definitely watch that thread, thank you very much again, it's great to know what I might be in for :)

22-Jan-2015 18:47:24 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2015 19:14:28 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top