Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks Blasty, love your work :)

­­­­Rob D­­ http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10646.png ­­10646­­­­

­­­­Rob D­­ http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10647.png ­­10647­­­­

­­­­

Ryan M said :
Interesting update on the online and offline addition. It's unfortunate the API does not support showing when someone is in a multiplayer game on FunOrb like AoG 1. Albeit that FunOrb is broken and you can't receive messages from players there but you can send them messages.

I digress. It's still awesome that others can see if your online according to privacy settings ingame of whether they are in the lobby, playing, or just offline. Cheers.

Thanks Ryan, you may already know this but I've had the json object with that data in RS Linkify for quite a long time. I just never used all the data. It was only when someone asked if online status was possible that I thought I'd give it a try.

With the help of Morgan, we added/deleted each other a number of times and tried a few things to see when the game settings were honoured. And cross-referenced it all against our alogs and clan pages. Once we'd established how it all works I felt more comfortable with it and I'm glad it's been well received :)

­­­­

Oh damn I just noticed some the urls for runescapes images have changed.

* <3 is broken :(

I better get onto that I guess.

Body btw said :
give her some time and maybe some coffee ­Coffee, she'll get to it :)

Lucky I have a coffee to get me though :)

20-Jan-2015 10:17:00 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2015 10:17:57 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Rob D said :
Quick question, how did you guys make your background and things visible for everyone else? For ours, we can only see our own. (At least that's what I think)

[
Rob
|
Potato_Legacy
|
CalamityPK
]

You are correct custom colours only appear to you. This thread is the only exception to that, and it was just a fun experiment I did in the very early days of RS Linkify. It's hard coded into linkify, and if Linkify detects you have landed on this thread it applies a textured post bubble.

I was going to remove it (over a year ago), but I got many players asking me not to do so, so it's been this way ever since and is just a part of this thread now.

I do have an experimental thing going on where if you post (on this thread) with an empty colour tag [d odgerblue][/dod gerblue] at the very beginning of your post, the background will coloured according the colour tag.

20-Jan-2015 10:43:03 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2015 11:04:20 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top