Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Emergency

Emergency

Posts: 6,013 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Hope this is okay, I can remove the background transparency if you wish :)

­­­­Jaynelle­­ http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10644.png ­­10644­­­­

­­­­Jaynelle­­ http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10645.png ­­10645­­­­

Thank you :)
Just remember, I know how to do
CPR.
So just call if you need me.
;)

18-Jan-2015 17:05:26

Maz
Nov Member 2016

Maz

Posts: 6,590 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just noticed that when hovering an avatar it tells you whether a forum user is online or offline. Nice work on that :)

Maz
“Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Maz

19-Jan-2015 10:21:47

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks Maz :)

I really wasn't sure how that update was going to go, but it's been well received so far. It came from a player suggestion and was actually very easy to do.

Chat settings determine what the clan/alog/forum api can retrieve, so it honours your privacy settings which is important.

19-Jan-2015 11:39:52

Agumon

Agumon

Posts: 15,537 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Does that mean you just need adv log on private to make it so people can't see you online? Or is it something else, sorry I'm slow so can't understand :<

and I don't use linkify, but I'm assuming it will tell you if someone is online if they don't have linkify as well? ._. Like someone with it can see I'm online even though I don't use it, is what I mean
soon™

19-Jan-2015 13:36:37 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2015 13:37:16 by Agumon

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lol the world thing is glitched atm

Says I'm on W48 when I'm on W52

I'd assume it'd only work if your online status is set to "ON" as opposed to friends/off though.

E: Yeah it's glitched. It's now saying I'm on W106 when I'm not.

19-Jan-2015 13:43:55 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2015 13:44:38 by Singularity

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Singularity, thanks for the heads up. I'm pushing out an update right now, that will sort that.

Edit: Version 3.1.7.30 is live now and the online status has been sorted out :)

Agumon said :
Does that mean you just need adv log on private to make it so people can't see you online? Or is it something else, sorry I'm slow so can't understand :<

and I don't use linkify, but I'm assuming it will tell you if someone is online if they don't have linkify as well? ._. Like someone with it can see I'm online even though I don't use it, is what I mean

That's a good question, what Singularity said is right.

This is how you appear to me on the forums: http://i.imgur.com/VP1D3dI.png

This is how you appear to me on the clan pages: http://i.imgur.com/AVxP4jj.png

If you had me added and you appear online to friends, then you'd appear online to me on the forums and clan pages.

If your private chat is friends only, then only your friends can see if you are online. Your in game settings dictate how you appear to others (online or offline). Doesn't matter if that's the forums, clan pages, or ingame.

Hope that helps explain how it works :)

19-Jan-2015 14:52:10 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2015 15:08:29 by Indecent Act

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting update on the online and offline addition. It's unfortunate the API does not support showing when someone is in a multiplayer game on FunOrb like AoG 1. Albeit that FunOrb is broken and you can't receive messages from players there but you can send them messages.

I digress. It's still awesome that others can see if your online according to privacy settings ingame of whether they are in the lobby, playing, or just offline. Cheers.

20-Jan-2015 08:58:27

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top