Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I mentioned in my first post about this update that narrow images aren't the go. This is to be expected with fit to screen images while preserving aspect ratio.

Middle mouse button is your friend, middle clicking opens images in new tab. It doesn't matter if the image is embedded in post or displayed in light box, it'll work either way. I've tried to provide an easy alternative way to view images that are not typical dimensions.

I've checked out a number of lightboxes and this is how one reputable commercial product Displays Blasty's tall image.

HTTP://puu.sh/9VeQx.jpg
I can find images that wont work well too, and tbh they don't work well in any situation. But if you care about how your images look, then try to match them as closely to your dimensions of your screen as you can. The closer they are the better they will look.

I've provided fast easy ways to open images in new tab (middle mouse button) and some little extras like pan and zoom, not typically found in light boxes. I think that's pretty good considering this is RSOF after all.

Just remember images viewed in this lightbox will keep their aspect ratio and will be shrunk to fit if needed.

It's not easy to make a one size fits all lightbox, especially when pics posted here are unpredictable in dimensions, and aren't posted with intention of being viewed in a gallery. I have tried to make it as easy as I can to view them externally.

The new tabs opened in chrome (middle clicking) don't get focus, right clicking links open in new tab is the same. It's the browsers default behaviour and there is no settings to change it. It may be possible for me to override that with the middle clicking of images and I'll look into that soon :)

03-Jul-2014 18:29:50 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2014 18:43:13 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Avadynn said :
For the coffee lovers :)

http://puu.sh/9VDnE/fe49b02169.png

That's so cute :)

­­­­

@Rowley, actually you're not entirely mistaken. Left click did open them in new tab with focus. Now of course that doesn't happen. So they did or it was possible to open them in new tab with focus on the new tab.

Tbh I had to revisit a previous version to make sure cos I was certain what you said did happen, just it was via left click.

Middle click is something I'd like to work on, I want to give newly opened tabs focus via middle click. That's something I never thought about before and it wasn't really needed. So after me getting confused with what's what, something good will come out if it :)

Sotox said :
wow nice work with the new pic opening :)

Ty, glad you like :)

04-Jul-2014 00:23:50 - Last edited on 04-Jul-2014 00:27:26 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top