Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
- Makes you live longer and makes you more attractive.

lol

..::;;::..
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
Your Friendly, Neighborhood
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
Mustache
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´

03-Feb-2014 04:13:21

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kind of have mixed feelings about the new hiscores. It's a neat design but almost feels too cluttered with borders, assuming they will be filled with stuff too, at least with that test link you posted on the page before. And I get a vibe that the border should probably have more contrast against the changeable background color because some of the colors blend in too much with the border, maybe colored borders? Idk probably be better with just a higher contrast. Personally I like the old spread out look compared to the new compact.

Just some personal thoughts on the subject.

­­
Shh...
No one will know...
­­

03-Feb-2014 05:19:20 - Last edited on 03-Feb-2014 05:21:16 by Klyntar

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Kable,

That page is my example of what I abandoned, I posted it because Amaethwr mentioned custom colours. It's something I played with and gave up on very quickly. It's not a style or direction I want to go in.

I agree totally with what you're saying, and I appreciate the fact you tell it like it is. Fortunately that's nothing like how my pages will look.

I'm going with a minimalist approach with even less ornaments/borders/images than my current pages have.

I don't have a live example but here's a mock up of what I'm working with. Sorry for the large image. It's best viewed in a separate browser tab. Ignore the pic of Seren (that's for my home page, oh the boob job on Seren is the work of my sister btw).

http://puu.sh/6IkX9.jpg

Edit: Changed to a better pic.

03-Feb-2014 08:33:44 - Last edited on 03-Feb-2014 08:47:53 by Indecent Act

Joener

Joener

Posts: 675 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
@Kable,

That page is my example of what I abandoned, I posted it because Amaethwr mentioned custom colours. It's something I played with and gave up on very quickly. It's not a style or direction I want to go in.

I agree totally with what you're saying, and I appreciate the fact you tell it like it is. Fortunately that's nothing like how my pages will look.

I'm going with a minimalist approach with even less ornaments/borders/images than my current pages have.

I don't have a live example but here's a mock up of what I'm working with. Sorry for the large image. It's best viewed in a separate browser tab. Ignore the pic of Seren (that's for my home page, oh the boob job on Seren is the work of my sister btw).

That looks awesome.
I love it.

03-Feb-2014 09:58:23

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks Joener :)

I'm still making adjustments to the look but I'm pretty happy with this so far. I was thinking of doing my pages more runescape themed, but that's already been done many times before. I want something fresh and a little different from the typical RS sites.

When I have a page that is interactive and actually does something I'll post a link on my hiscores thread and see what people think.

Cool avatar btw!

03-Feb-2014 10:43:53

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nice cursor ;P

Hmm, I think detailed borders might be a common part of medieval themed mmo websites. I googled and found a few that have rather thick detailed image borders. I think it gives more of a feel that you're looking at an old physical plaque or scroll rather than on a modern website.

I like the stainless steel theme, but the lack of colour is a bit too much for me.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/mg1408/mg14081204/mg1408120400013/13037689-black-marble-texture-high-resolution.jpg

http://scrivanich.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/black-granite-texture.jpg

I kinda like a dark texture themed body with light text for contrast. A bit of colour in the text, wells, and background too but nothing too flashy.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes :)

Sorting a lot of things out and trying to adjust to things irl atm so lots of things are on hold again. :(

i

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

03-Feb-2014 14:00:11

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Blasty,

Yeah real life can get in the way, but that's how it is. When I'm busy and have commitments and priorities I can't ignore, it makes me glad my hobby is in information & technology. My projects remain where I left them and they don't deteriorate no matter how much times passes. When I get back to them, they are just as I left them. Not many things in life are like that. I try remember that when I don't have much free time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like those stone textures. I tried a few things, wood, stone, metal, old paper, etc.

I think if I had a static or plain background it would make it much easier. But since my background is like a pic of the day and always changing, I feel as though it's too much with busy textures and such. For me it's got to be one or the other, not both.

I get many positive comments about the changing background pictures so I'd like to keep that even though it limits what I can do aesthetically.

TBH I keep changing my mind, so I've decided to settle on the metallic look. I'm also thinking I might keep my old pages for a fall back for both old browsers and/or for those who don't like the new changes.

I have to keep reminding myself that it's about the data, my visitors only come to my site to read the numbers, and that's what I must focus on. Later I can change the textures and so on if I feel like it.

03-Feb-2014 14:36:12

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
@Kable,

Dat boob job.
But really, that one looks so much better, lol. It's very colorful as well!

Hopefully the last part was taken as a joke by the reader.

­­
Shh...
No one will know...
­­

03-Feb-2014 19:16:51 - Last edited on 03-Feb-2014 19:45:50 by Klyntar

Toastcrumbs

Toastcrumbs

Posts: 5,801 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
(that's for my home page, oh the boob job on Seren is the work of my sister btw).

lol.. Was that necessary? :P They're only more rounded compared to Wiki picture.
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Seren?file=Seren_concept_art.png

Lol Kable ;)

Indy, I do like the changes and usually I do only come to your site for the numbers, but I think it does look A LOT nicer (sorry, lol.. not that I don't love the current site, just this looks a lot nicer...)

03-Feb-2014 20:35:20

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top