Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've seen a few strange things with fonts since chrome's last update and clicking on the page mostly fixes it. I've had the menus display Times New Roman font and and mousing over them fixes it.

The thing is Times New Roman is the fall back font for these pages. So that means for whatever reason chrome isn't rendering the custom font. The only way I can think of to prevent this would be to use a web safe font by default.

I don't think that's an ideal solution and besides the end result would be the same. You'd not be getting the intended font.

I'm not sure but I have feeling the issue is most likely to occur when multiple tabs are opened, or when opening a page in a new tab. It's like if the page doesn't have focus the font rendering stops. I could be wrong about that, it's just I haven't noticed it happen if I do all my browsing within a single tab, with no other tabs open.

21-Jan-2014 17:26:30

Toastcrumbs

Toastcrumbs

Posts: 5,801 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indy, was looking at Zues' thread on "Too many stickiess" and (probably already been mentioned) is there some way you could create a button that lets us group stickies into a linkify button, that when pressed, re-displays them as usual?

Or even a way to hide them sometimes

21-Jan-2014 17:57:41

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Toastcrumbs, yes that could be done but that won't change the fact there are only x amount of non stickied threads on that page.

Grouping/hiding ten stickies will just mean that page has 10 visible threads not 20. Unless the titles in stickies were offensive I don't see much benefit to reducing the amount of visible threads.

The other thing is new stickies would also be hidden, you may not see them and they could be important.

IMO stickies aren't for popular/active threads (they don't need to be stickied). They are for important messages or information, alerts, rules, events and such, they are to make you aware of something (usually important) that you may not otherwise see.

The use of stickies here is often somewhat like a favourites list, I believe that's using them incorrectly. I could go on for ages about my thoughts on this, but at the end of it, I don't see a software solution.

@Morgan, they are aware they have some issues with the fonts.

22-Jan-2014 01:58:39 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2014 02:14:46 by Indecent Act

Toastcrumbs

Toastcrumbs

Posts: 5,801 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
The use of stickies here is often somewhat like a favourites list, I believe that's using them incorrectly. I could go on for ages about my thoughts on this, but at the end of it, I don't see a software solution.

That's how I saw them, and it just bothers me seeing like 10 stickies on a page, lol

22-Jan-2014 02:44:24

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now I'm working the poll creation page, this is probably the bit I'll enjoy the most :D

https://hlf-polls.appspot.com/

So far it automatically deletes and adds answers (just type/delete, still have to make this work smoother), and the answers are draggable by holding the radio button and moving it around (yay for jQuery UI).

i

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

22-Jan-2014 06:56:38 - Last edited on 22-Jan-2014 06:56:51 by Blasty

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Nice touch with the drag-able questions.

I like the dynamic creation of the next question, and that backspace removes it. It's really nice to use and it feels very intuitive.

I cant wait to make my first poll :)

­­­­
http://puu.sh/6tPH5.jpg

­­­­

22-Jan-2014 08:14:05

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top