Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quick fix :)

I wonder how long it will take for jagex to catch up.

Btw, I'm actually not certain the escaping problem was caused by a recent update, it could have been around for a lot longer. I tried looking at a cached version of an rs ascii tutorial thread but you can't quote unless logged in :/
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

05-Dec-2013 15:19:55

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blasty said :
Btw, I'm actually not certain the escaping problem was caused by a recent update, it could have been around for a lot longer. I tried looking at a cached version of an rs ascii tutorial thread but you can't quote unless logged in :/

I guess it'll be kinda hard to tell.. I extremely rarely see people use \ at the end of a post, and even then there's no guarantee you'll try and quote it lol.

­­­­
Amæ
Life as we know it could be gone in a minute
­­­­
Selective Completionist

05-Dec-2013 15:25:25

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
I'm pretty sure this is new because...
Indecent Act said :
posting to quote to test something...

:)

would have surfaced before today.

Of course I can't be 100% sure, but I feel it's very unlikely no one used those backslashes until today.

Wouldn't have it something to do with the recent HTML5 update for the forums?

05-Dec-2013 15:28:25

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes but they don't have to appear at the end of a post. At the end of the post they break quoting and yes the occurrence of that would be uncommon.

But as I showed in my quote above, they are not escaping even the middle of a post. Backslashes are used in ascii art and signatures and it wouldn't be rare to have them quoted.

Also I can recall Faded Myths signature had issues because he used them and they they disappeared from his signature when quoted, due to escaping I presume.

I might be wrong, but to me, all indications suggest this is very recent.

Edit: @Lifer, hmmm that quote you did is interesting but it's not actually what I originally posted. See original here .

05-Dec-2013 15:35:16 - Last edited on 05-Dec-2013 15:39:32 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top