Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yep it's RS-Linkify doing that, the reply was unintentional, I'll be doing a small update in a little while so I'll sort that out while I'm at it.

The highlight is intentional because the back button doesn't navigate you back to where you last were. I believe same thing happens after highlighting too. you never return to the page you were on, unless you are highlighting a post on the first page of a thread.

Maybe that's been fixed now, I don't know and can't really test it for obvious reasons. But assuming all the navigation from highlight page doesn't return you to where you were is the reason for using a new tab.

If that's been fixed then I see no reason to use a new tab. This was requested ages ago and things may have changed since then.

Until I know for sure if it's fixed I can make the open in a new tab optionional :)

­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

02-Oct-2013 12:20:35

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello Indy
Would it be possible to make different profiles for Linkify? For example, this profile and settings would work for "J Morgan".
We'd be able to create another profile for our nooby account, with different settings and different avatar for instance.

Something along those lines.

02-Oct-2013 12:41:51

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Original message details are unavailable.
Hello Indy
Would it be possible to make different profiles for Linkify? For example, this profile and settings would work for "J Morgan".
We'd be able to create another profile for our nooby account, with different settings and different avatar for instance.

Something along those lines.

I hadn't thought about that since I only have this account. But yes that would be possible.

TBH it might be handy for people like me too. I could set up a profile with a signature to use on this thread with various links etc, and use my other signature elsewhere. I can see how having a couple of profiles to toggle between could be handy.

I like this idea :)

02-Oct-2013 12:53:59

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Original message details are unavailable.
I'm not sure if it's RS-Linkify or something with the RSOF, but when you click "Highlight" or "Reply" on someone's post it now opens a new tab.

If you update to version 2.0.3.6 you'll find an option under miscellaneous to handle how the highlight link behaves. The reply buttons will no longer open up a new tab too.

I was just in middle of tweaking a few things when you posted so it was perfect timing :)

­­­

02-Oct-2013 13:03:21

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Any chance of being able to add an effect to text similar to Mod Trance's signature? (Referring to the colour around the text)
http://puu.sh/4FF0R.jpg

If its of any help, this is what you get upon quoting:

<center><p style="color:#fff;text-shadow:0 0 5px #fff, 0 0 10px #fff, 0 0 15px #fff, 0 0 20px #FF66FF, 0 0 30px #FF66FF, 0 0 40px #FF66FF, 0 0 50px #FF66FF, 0 0 75px #FF66FF;letter-spacing:1.5px;font:20px 'Tahoma';">Mod Trance &#9834;</p>

~Ama

Selective Completionist

02-Oct-2013 13:29:31 - Last edited on 02-Oct-2013 13:33:30 by Amaethwr

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Yep can be done, but I'd do with some differences...

Unclosed tags in his signature very naughty! (sadly he's not the only one)

Redundant tags too, also very naughty!

Inline styles...come on now, that's not necessary either. But that's just me being picky. I do it too in this extension but that because I have no choice.

So yep I can do it, but without the coding errors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Text shadow effects work best when background is coloured with the effect in mind. So there will times custom background colours may make the effect look undesirable, but it most cases it should be okay.

I can make a tag to do it, but it will require a number of parameters for the user to provide. I'll work on an example soon, that will only apply to this thread so people can play around with it and see how it goes.

Edit: fixed his code for him...

<p style="text-align:center; color:#fff;text-shadow:0 0 5px #fff, 0 0 10px #fff, 0 0 15px #fff, 0 0 20px #FF66FF, 0 0 30px #FF66FF, 0 0 40px #FF66FF, 0 0 50px #FF66FF, 0 0 75px #FF66FF;letter-spacing:1.5px;font:20px 'Tahoma';">Mod Trance &#9834;</p>

http://puu.sh/4FIjP.jpg

02-Oct-2013 14:42:32 - Last edited on 03-Oct-2013 15:18:16 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top