Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Looks pretty decent at the moment :) Could there be an option for changing the text size at all? Not sure if this would cause the side-bar to start taking up too much screen room though, but the text is fairly small on my screen, still readable though. I did try zooming in on the page but it makes the side-bar go much thinner so doesn't help at all.

On a higher note: I like the fading in/out effect when changing page. :P

­­­­
‹ « ­­< Amæ >­­ » ›
­­­­
Selective Completionist

15-Nov-2013 19:25:25

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
­­­­2MuchSwagLOL­­http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10267.png­­10267­­­­

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Amaethwr, the text will be small if you have lowish resolution or a small browser window. The text size scales to the size of the side bar.

http://puu.sh/5jyRl.jpg

The pic is showing the default text size, if the side bar is narrow text at that size will mean you get half a word and not much more. I realise it's small and I can make an option to not reduce the text but that means most of it will be cut off and not seen. I will work on it, I'd like to support the biggest range of screen sizes as I can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Morgan, Don't hold your breath. I need to keep the original part of RS-Linkify as is, it's my fallback in case there is problem.

I agree it looks cool, but it's providing much more than aesthetics. There are a number of practical reasons for loading the data dynamically in split page setup, those reasons don't really pertain to the regular pages. In the future I may do something similar, but no promises.

16-Nov-2013 02:09:04 - Last edited on 16-Nov-2013 02:18:32 by Indecent Act

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Minor things:
- Refresh button could be added to the sidebar
- Thread title and 'Forums' text could either have a lighter font or include jagex's method of creating text with gradient
- 'Jump to Thread' qfc placeholder text style is different
- Header navigation //Home / RuneScape Forums / High Level - Off Topic / RS-Linkify doesn't transition atm
- Page [number] text input + enter doesn't transition atm (within thread and within subform)
- List of subforums doesn't transition atm
- Thread list top buttons don't transition atm (New Thread|Refresh|Return to Forums|Specific Rules)
- Thread from thread list sometimes doesn't transition, not sure yet when it does or doesn't
- Edit button goes to a blank page instead of linkify settings for me
- Choosing thread from thread list sometimes doesn't change the sidebar to thread list from subforum list

­­­­
<
Blasty
the Blue
>
­­­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

16-Nov-2013 02:41:06 - Last edited on 16-Nov-2013 02:58:12 by Blasty

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

There is, and I did have it hidden. When refreshing the browser resize event fires, during that event every 100 milliseconds I check the browser dimensions and adjust the sidebar if needed. That's why it flashed up briefly.

The div does weird things without the content. (elastic div in Fixed position next to static div with relative position, then wrapped in a container with absolute position, squished together and both centered, then adjusts height on scroll according the footer position). That was CSS nightmare lol, it would have been easy if it wasn't fixed.

What I did originally do was hide it until it had loaded, but that means there is a delay when using the toggle. I need to make some adjustments to the toggle (prevent multiple clicks while loading) then I can hide it until the page has loaded.

So yes I will work on that. I'm so grateful to you for raising these things, it really helps me know where to focus my attention :)

Oh you mentioned before about the page reloading on the main forum section. That will always happen atm. I removed my events from that page before uploading. I was have having a styling issue, styles from that page were persisting into the next page, casing misaligned elements. I will go back to it and change it when I have worked out what's going on.

Thanks again Blasty, I'll work on that refresh thing ASAP :)

16-Nov-2013 02:45:10

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Oh sweet you posted while I was typing. Okay I'm off to make a coffee and I'll get back to you on those things :)

Brb.

Edit: Okay I have my coffee, so here goes :)

- Refresh button (will do, I've been meaning to do that)

- The thread titles I will sharpen (won't use Jagex's method though)

- QFC placehold is different but I won't be changing that (HTML5 method is better)

- Transitions from main forum page are temporarily disabled (will do it soon)

- Page number input I hadn't actually thought about, will look into it.

- Return to forums, specific rules, profiles, search users are currently all purposely ignored. If the url doesn't contain "/forums.ws" then RS-Linkify aborts. Reason is so it can't run on login pages or non forum thread pages. If I do change this it will be way down the track.

- New thread, reply, preview and page number input (anything that requires a submit) is not hooked. I'd like to change that but at this early stage there may be some benefits from a page reload.

- Edit button is working for me, not sure what's going on there I'll look into that right now. Oh wait it's not working damn.

Great list of stuff, you are the best Blasty :)

16-Nov-2013 02:54:39 - Last edited on 16-Nov-2013 03:10:17 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top