Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nice pic Aby :)

Nice signature too :)

Sorry everyone there has been so few updates lately. Testing has been hard because I need to test what happens when the forum session expires. Lately I simply haven't had time or been able to stay on the one computer long enough to test that.

I have a few things in the works so hopefully there will be a decent update soon :)

­­­­Z a ch­­http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10256.png­­10256­­­­

Edit: @Blasty, I noticed that with yours some time ago, and same with Keighlea's too. It's smart since it means your signature is turd forum friendly :)

­­­­
~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~
­­­­

29-Oct-2013 23:56:08 - Last edited on 30-Oct-2013 00:06:08 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Is this what you mean...

­­­­
~
A
b
y
#
~
­­­­

Copy & paste the orange text :)

[bub][c][qfc id=261-262-33-65181208][purple]~ [red]A[/red][orange]b[/orange][yellow]y [/yellow][blue]#[/blue][green]1 [/green]~[/purple][/qfc][/c][/bub]

Edit: it gets tricky with all those tags, one little thing out of whack and it all breaks. Kind of like a house of cards, change one bit and it collapses.

Here's a tip to make it a little easier, particularly for readability.

Avoid unnecessary nesting of tags (referring to your sig on previous page).

Notice I wrap the whole thing in one center tag. Center tag can span multiple lines, often one center tag is enough. It makes it easier to read and uses less tags.

Also see the difference with colour tags, in most cases close them as soon as they are no longer needed. The exception here is is with
purple
. Your signature starts and ends in purple thus all other colour tags are wrapped with
purple
tag. That means less characters used (better for char limit), and every other colour is closed right away. It easy to read/modify and is less work for the browser to do too :)

30-Oct-2013 04:29:57 - Last edited on 30-Oct-2013 06:13:50 by Indecent Act

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is there any way to make the centered code work on regular forums?
[ c ] doesn't appear, but [ /c ] appears as asteriks and it doesn't center.

­­
Shh...
No one will know...
­­

31-Oct-2013 01:06:58 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2013 01:07:29 by Klyntar

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@J3, welcome back. Glad you found the relocated thread :)

@WarInside, I'll have a quick look at it now. The censor has been such a pain. I'm not 100% sure but I think the censor works differently across a number of forum sections.

Edit:

I see your post in Recent Game Updates that is censored. I just posted in that forum section to test. See my post here. and it worked.

The thread you posted on is locked, I wonder did locking the thread break it, or did it occur before that?

­­
~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~
­­

31-Oct-2013 01:36:19 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2013 01:45:36 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top