Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Indy, before a few days ago, if I right clicked a forum section and copied the QFC, it would give me the description of the forum as the third option in the Quick QFC box, rather than the subforum name.

Is it possible there could be a 4th option added to the Quick QFC box with the subforum description added, like it was previously?
Unslain Bosses - Clan

13-Dec-2014 17:29:08 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2014 17:29:51 by Hevilmystic

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Blasty, I'll probably do something soon, currently those pages are not really 100% differentiated from other pages containing posts. They are in many ways handled with the same code that handles all other threads.

I want to use that css solution you posted for the drop down menu delay (need to find it again) in my next update, so I'll take a look at the posts link while I'm at it :)

Hevilmystic said :
Hey Indy, before a few days ago, if I right clicked a forum section and copied the QFC, it would give me the description of the forum as the third option in the Quick QFC box, rather than the subforum name.

Is it possible there could be a 4th option added to the Quick QFC box with the subforum description added, like it was previously?

I'm not clear on what you mean, since nothing has changed with the quick qfc, and there hasn't been an update recently. To me looks it the way it always has.

There is a subforum quick qfc at the bottom of every sub forum page, that seems to be working the same as always. I'd rather keep it separate like it is though, that way the qfc is the exact target of where and what the user clicks.

Not sure if missing something (tbh I'm half asleep atm), all I can say is nothing has changed, but by all means elaborate since too much blood in my caffeine system might be why I'm a little slow :)

13-Dec-2014 23:53:34 - Last edited on 14-Dec-2014 00:01:21 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not too sure, but if I right clicked a subforum on the Forum homepage, and then went to the "Quick QFC", it would return this as the third option on the box:

Original message details are unavailable.
Suggestions and constructive criticism by the High Level players

Now it just returns "HLF - Feedback"

I would like a 4th option to return the Quick QFC code with the forum description, rather than the forum name on the Quick QFC box if possible, like how it was a week or two ago.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

14-Dec-2014 04:16:15

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Okay now I understand what you mean (I'm awake now).

Thing is, I never coded it do what you described. Maybe something changed on forums to cause that to happen for a while. But I certainly never coded it to add the description, nor have I since removed it. That's where my confusion stems from.

I can't tell you why you were getting the description, however I'm happy to add it as a fourth option.

14-Dec-2014 04:53:42

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

^Oh that looks good :)

Okay I have looked into what we discussed and I found something that I was unaware of regarding quick QFC.

It all depends where you click.

Right click on the description text and that's what you get in the Quick QFC.
Chill out and talk about anything you want

Right click on the words 'created by' and again that's what you get in the Quick QFC.
See this thread created by Indecent Act

Right click the title and of course that's what you'll get (as expected).
High Level - Off Topic or RS-Linkify

Totally unintentional but I kind of like it. Also explains why it seemed to happen sporadically.

I'd like to leave it this way tbh, because of how the the Quick QFC works. It extracts the info from what's clicked and requires no scanning of the elements in the page. It also doesn't differentiate between sections and I would have to change all that to make it add the forth option (because what's clicked wont contain all the data).

I'd still like to hear what you think :)

14-Dec-2014 23:51:28 - Last edited on 15-Dec-2014 00:03:09 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Yeah funny how some things work, I had no clue that it did that and I wrote it :/

I always knew you had to click on the actual text, but I never clicked anything other than the title until you mentioned the description. The code is fairly modular and it's nice that it works that way.

It looks like you discovered a feature that I was unaware of :)

15-Dec-2014 00:05:37 - Last edited on 15-Dec-2014 00:06:30 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top