RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Verdant Star
Sep Member 2021

Verdant Star

Posts: 52,016 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hai
so i read this
Original message details are unavailable.
Newly created threads (threads created by you) will now appear in yellow text on your profile. When viewing other people's profiles
you're threads will also appear in yellow text.

and then i saw this
http://screencloud.net/img/screenshots/6d1406378b83aa9ef75152d2773ae71f.png
but I only made one of those two threads

not rly an issue, and most likely almost never happens, but thought i'd signal it anyway. Sorry if you already knew, this is like the only thread I don't read, so I wouldn't know :(

oh ye and I'm really looking forward to this:
Indecent Act said :

- Bookmarks (in progress)

glad to see it is in progress! Really miss that feature from back when I was using RSFE.

beaversquad

19-Oct-2013 02:56:06

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Hardstylez,

Okay thanks, that was the info I needed. Signatures wasn't something I was looking at, I can now reproduce the problem.

Thanks very much for persevering with me on this, you've been a huge help. I'll get it sorted very soon :) ­

19-Oct-2013 02:58:18

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@im the bible,

Yeah I knew that would occur. I have no way determining who created what. Only the title is stored, so that's all I have to cross reference with.

I would like to use QFC to match them, but that's even more unreliable. If threads get moved or stickied or unstickied, the qfc changes and nothing will match and it's then effectively broken.

Changing thread title will also mess with it, but that occurs far less than moves and locks.

Thanks for pointing it out, but unfortunately it's a limitation I can't do much about.

­

19-Oct-2013 03:06:23

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Singularity said :
Np. No one else was reporting the issue I guess because most have custom avatars and/or signatures enabled and in use, so won't detect an issue. :P

That is true, tbh it really comes down to me. I'm the one who writes and tests this stuff. I try to cover as many possibilities as I can think of. But now the number of possible configurations is massive.

I do depend on feedback and bug reports, so it's very much appreciated when issues are raised.

Anyway I have some code to look over and rewrite, expect an update in few hours. And thanks again, your help has been awesome :)

­

19-Oct-2013 03:17:48 - Last edited on 19-Oct-2013 03:22:40 by Indecent Act

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
­­Newly created threads (threads created by you) will now appear in yellow text on your profile. When viewing other people's profiles
you're threads will also appear in yellow text. This makes it easy to not only find threads you've created, but also to see
who's posted on your threads when viewing profiles other than your own.­­

After reading this, I can't resist pointing out... Your* :(

Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

19-Oct-2013 03:59:39

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

­­Update: version 2.0.7.1­­

Amaethwr's tag suggestion mentioned here has been implemented. I will write some basic instructions on the new tag behaviour soon.

The issue raised by Hardstylez has been fixed.

The typo pointed out by Keighlea has been corrected.

and a new system for avatar codes is in place, it's backwards compatible but it won't be for long, but more about that soon.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback :)

­­­­
­­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~­­
­­­­
­

19-Oct-2013 04:18:29

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top