Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
I've yet to notice that issue, but thanks! ­<3

Only some gyazo links were misbehaving. This post was one that would embed momentarily, then revert back to a link again. The link has no file extension and when linkify took a guess at what it should be, it believed it to be incorrect even when it got it right, thus un-embedded it.

I only noticed it because I was testing some new code that had some breakpoints before and after image embedding. That essentially paused linkify at various stages allowing me to see what happens in a blink of eye, but spread over a larger time frame.

Once I was aware, I could see it happening with linkify running normally. Fortunately the solution was simple :)

28-Nov-2014 12:17:17 - Last edited on 28-Nov-2014 12:20:20 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay I think I have a problem..

Example of a thread in question: Blood Necklace Drop log

Basically, whenever there's a thread that has a post longer than a page, if I highlight something in the long post and click the "Quote" button in the top right hand corner of the post, it will always quote the entire post. If I click the bottom right hand Quote button (the one that's normally reply), it quotes just the highlighted bit.

I tested this on various posts on the first page of this thread and it appears to be true for any post longer than a page, not just the OP.

I'm not sure if this is intended, or whether my paragraph makes sense, but yeah.

Edit: Missed a word
Unslain Bosses - Clan

29-Nov-2014 08:32:59 - Last edited on 29-Nov-2014 08:33:59 by Hevilmystic

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Not sure I'm having trouble reproducing what you describe.

But if the page is still loading in the background and the page has loaded to the point where it's interactive the text selection quoting routine wont have yet attached to the page.

Not sure if that's the actual problem here but I can't attach my hooks until the page is 100% ready. There are times where these pages can take over 45 seconds to fully load, though that's not very common.

I'll keep looking into it, and I'll try some quoting while I'm lurking :)

29-Nov-2014 09:15:53 - Last edited on 29-Nov-2014 09:17:08 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

It seems to always happen, or doesn't happen at all... I wonder if it's an issue with it being in X tab, or something..

I tried on the Blood Necklace log around 5 times before giving up and just using the bottom right hand quote button, and the 2-3 times I tested on here before writing a response it worked, too.. But now I'm trying to replicate it and I'm having absolutely no luck.

I'll try it in the future when lurking, too!
Unslain Bosses - Clan

29-Nov-2014 09:18:55

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hmmm, they appear normal for me and are embedding as expected.

I wonder is anyone else having issues with those links?

If you get the chance, it would be really helpful to know if disabling all other extensions makes any difference. Currently I only have Linkify running and nothing else.

30-Nov-2014 11:46:10

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

It just happened again:

Original message details are unavailable.
Wtf Happened to the bloom on glacor boots??

Before:
http://gyazo.com/a52e3bd355c2c682fe70b2955bc936a4.png

After:
http://gyazo.com/72d2737935c95adfdcdcf57a7662a38d

Bring back plz :>

HTTP://i.imgur.com/XG3aRWc.png

Edit: People on the thread complaining of the same issue too.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

30-Nov-2014 16:50:21 - Last edited on 30-Nov-2014 17:02:22 by Hevilmystic

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Toast, so nice you've been popping in a bit lately :)

Thanks for the info Rowley :)

I really need to see this happen, but since I haven't been able to see this first hand there are some things I need to know.

Does it happen when link is copied and pasted into the address bar?

Hang on, I'm see this mentioned elsewhere (other forums). See the comment below the link.

http://puu.sh/dc5Yl.png

See date on post, it's recent. Anyway I still need confirmation that problem occurs when pasting link into addressbar so I know what action to take.

30-Nov-2014 23:28:32

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top