Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Huge Charlie,

I found the problem. The beginning and end of submitted text gets trimmed (white space removed, linebreaks etc). This means my hidden tags get removed if they are the very last thing in your post.

Until recently the last thing in your post was custom avatar, so tags were not getting trimmed. Removing the avatar code means the [ c/ ] tag is now the last thing, and gets trimmed.

That explains why quoting your old post worked. I'm not sure how long this has been happening but it may not be recent. Also it's not just center tag, it's all my tags.

If Blasty were to remove his custom avatar, the font tag would get trimmed and the same problem would occur.

Anyway I have a fix for the issue and am uploading it atm, it won't fix the already broken posts but it will prevent this from occurring from here on.

Damn it was hard to find the issue, but when I realised the only thing that has changed was the last thing in your post, I thought that's a good place to look and yep I found the issue.

I have to wonder how long this issue has been hiding, waiting to surface. Anyway thanks to your help it's now sorted :)

­­­
­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

15-Oct-2013 01:36:55 - Last edited on 15-Oct-2013 01:43:22 by Indecent Act

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, I noticed that when I made my signature but didn't think anything of it, sorry >.<

What I had to do to fix it was put the center tags inside the qfc tags. I tried adding two pairs of center tags to your signature but it adds an extra line of space between the separator and the sig:

­........
­Join the HLF Teamspeak!

Another thing you can do is make the signature italicized or bold:

­........
Join the HLF Teamspeak!

Or put the whole thing in qfc tags and change the colour of the separator, but then the whole thing underlines when you hover over it:

­

Join the HLF Teamspeak!

While I'm on the topic, sometimes the LLF censor breaks the invisible tags so I occasionally have to remove it. I don't think there's anything that can be done about it though.

Original message details are unavailable.
Prestige is optional, current hiscores will still be easily accessible on hiscores with nothing changed*

***;
Blasty
the Blue
>

Just noticed that only the opening center tag got censored :o

­­
<
Blasty
the Blue
>

Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

15-Oct-2013 06:21:58 - Last edited on 15-Oct-2013 06:23:43 by Blasty

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for that Blasty, I had a feeling it might have been happening for a while. Anyway from here on it shouldn't happen any more.

As for the censor, I'm not sure what I can do about it. It seems different sections censor text differently. In the guides section if I type 'Indy' it gets censored, but in general it doesn't. I also noticed * <3 gets censored in LLF too.

These are the reasons why I haven't gone ahead with the tag system. There are so many inconstancies that it makes it hard to know what to do. I'll work it out eventually I guess.

­­­
­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

­­

15-Oct-2013 07:16:26

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top