Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Posts: 447 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
I love spiders omg

Amaethwr said :
They're so adorable ­<3 Totally misunderstood

I like 'em too. Well most of them, the rest I respect :)

A little info about the first 2 Araxxor pics (trying to keep it rs related):

The Jumping spiders (the ones with big eyes) are the most abundant spiders in the world and make up almost 15% of all spider species. That's actually huge in the scheme of things, making them one the most wide spread, well adapted creatures on the planet.

The orange one is aptly called Triangle Spider. They don't catch prey in webs they just sit and wait and grab whatever passes by. If you look closely you can see its fangs are out. It is always ready for a kill. It's front legs are designed for holding prey similar to a crab.

-------------------------------------------------------

This next one is green huntsman. These are much smaller than regular huntsman and tend to live away from humans (many spiders enjoy the same comforts as we do, air con, heating, tv, the web *.~ that's why some choose to live in out homes). These little ones however like to live in the bush, their colouring plays a big in roll in their survival from predictors (mostly birds), being green in sub-tropical bush land has its advantages when it comes to not being seen.

HTTPs://i.imgur.com/Rfyl8dy.jpg

And last Arroxor pic is a Lynx spider. These are quite social among themselves and this particular species preys mostly on pollinating insects (hover flies, bees, wasps, etc). Thus they tend to live on flowers. They themselves are an important pollen vector in Australia since they hunt and constantly relocate they carry pollen from tree to tree and even inadvertently exchange pollen among themselves.

HTTPs://i.imgur.com/fuGpMe0.jpg

Next time you're facing Araxxor, keep this info in mind. It might help you understand and predict its next attract :)

23-Feb-2018 00:10:07 - Last edited on 23-Feb-2018 00:13:02 by Lil Indecent

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't really mind the spiders that don't look like spiders but the ones with the long spindly legs can get squished

I don't like squishing them but I can't get close enough to take them outside so they always end up on my shoe/boot
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

23-Feb-2018 21:09:32

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
IDK why I'm able to kill araxxor though I used to have a hard time watching other people stream him but somehow it's different now :x @Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

23-Feb-2018 21:10:20

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Posts: 447 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Chee, I hope all is well for you :)

I think most spiders at my place get eaten by geckos before they can make it inside. But I don't like the mean spiders, like Funnel Web Spiders. Big black and hairy... and deadly. Fortunately I've only ever seen them a few times in my life and they're not house spiders anyway :)

I struggled with Araxxor, but I persisted and managed to get a few kills. At least one kill on each path. I was happy with that and never went back again. In fact I've never been there on this account, maybe one day :)

-----------------------------

Posting one last spider photo. I call it "Please, not the face"

You can see the drop of venom if you look closely. The prey is a jumping ant, who can actually traverse spider webs and can both bite and sting. But it fell victim to a spider that actually mimics the ant. In nature there is no defence for being lulled into a false sense of security.

HTTPs://i.imgur.com/VJDePkT.jpg

23-Feb-2018 23:55:48

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Btw Indy - I'm not sure if you have or use Discord, but after a lot of requests to have an off-site place like the old HLF TS, a HLF discord has been made if you'd be interested in joining it. ^_^

https://discord.gg/HBDbqqr

If there's anyone else you'd know interested also, feel free to pass it on :P
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

26-Feb-2018 12:47:26

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top