Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do love this :D I wonder if signature-only customizations for everywhere on forums would be annoying?
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

03-May-2016 05:54:29 - Last edited on 03-May-2016 06:29:05 by Body btw

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Klyntar said :
I was just wondering because Gif's work as well.

Yep that's the browser making the correction for the file extension. Where chrome can, it will attempt to set some things right. In this case its the incorrect file extension.

Body btw said :
I do love this :D I wonder if signature-only customizations for everywhere on forums would be annoying?

I think we all know the answer to that :)

There are other issues, some of which I mentioned previously. Moving the image from the post to the signature doesn't change much or resolve my main issues.

Tbh I don't think signatures need to be the focal point of posts. It's nice we have them. But limiting them to text isn't a bad thing imo. I don't have any intentions of changing that.

This thread is good playground for things. It can reaffirm why some features don't exist and at the same time be a bit of fun too.

03-May-2016 06:49:40 - Last edited on 03-May-2016 06:50:17 by Indecent Act

Nelson
Dec Member 2023

Nelson

Posts: 1,977 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
with regards to custom post backgrounds, i don't think it's worth the effort it might take. i know i'd turn them off within a few minutes once the novelty wears off. it's cool coming here and seeing things that are possible (like you said above) but i don't think this is necessary. custom avatars and titles are more than enough customization imo. i already have custom avatars off, the same would end up happening with post backgrounds.

i liked the custom forum skin for halloween and the one on this thread but everyone having custom backgrounds would be a headache lol.

at most i think a few default backgrounds might be a nice balance but i still don't think it would be worth it.

03-May-2016 09:21:15 - Last edited on 03-May-2016 09:28:52 by Nelson

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We've hit v50 of Chrome I don't know how long ago. I was hoping we'd get something big, like a massive Chrome interface update or something :(

I mean, this one works well, but I don't know.

Thank you for the updated badge, Indsy ­<3

03-May-2016 12:07:41

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fair enough Indy and Nelson, I guess that's true :( Although, rather than turning them off, I'd think you should have to turn them on as they would be defaulted off.

A select few default backgrounds could work, and they would be defaulted off for everyone to begin with. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic here :p and perhaps you're right, the novelty could wear off and it would be an unused feature.

Surprisingly enough, the less custom avatar's I see get used the more it makes me want to use them (as you may have noticed this past week I've started using mine again :D )

"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

03-May-2016 12:33:42 - Last edited on 03-May-2016 12:37:51 by Body btw

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Hiya Blastly, looks really nice. As always your work is awesome!

I just ran a quick test, and all seems to be working. Had to add 110px to the height but that's not an issue. Not sure if I'm using the correct embed url though.

The only thing I noticed is the embed code points to the old one.

HTTP://i.imgur.com/fMxBbJG.png

I'm really keen to make the changes needed to use your new polls :)

I was mostly experimenting when I set up the custom domain, and posted because I got pretty excited about it working hehe. There seems to be some potential risk in using a free domain name, so I'll have to look more into that. I'm also playing around with using reactjs for HLF Polls since it might be a fun way to learn it for a group project I've got to work on for a client. I'll see how this goes and might do some kind of rebranding with the new domain.

Btwww, nodejs is pretty much server-side javascript, and I found it super straightforward to get into with a bit of a background in javascript. The only problems I ran into with it were to do with finding a (free :3) way to host it. It took me a weeks to work out how to configure existing open-source nodejs projects on openshift for free, so I can definitely understand not wanting to give it a go while you've got other things to work on.

Being busy is good though, it means your skills are in demand :) Are you finding some your projects/work interesting?
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

04-May-2016 00:57:37

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
We've hit v50 of Chrome I don't know how long ago. I was hoping we'd get something big, like a massive Chrome interface update or something :(

I mean, this one works well, but I don't know.

Thank you for the updated badge, Indsy ­<3

Oh I hadn't noticed the latest version of chrome hit the big 50.

Don't hold your breath waiting for an interface update. Chrome means minimalist or bare bones, so I don't think we'll see much change. Though that's what I like about chrome.

Your welcome with badge, though you did all the editing :)

04-May-2016 04:07:59

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top