Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lil Indecent said :
^I really need to set you up with a permanent badge. Not even sure how to do it but I'm going to make that the next thing I work on
Thank you Indy ­<3 but don't rush it.. I know how busy you can get, and that usually means good things for Linkify. Besides that, I know it's nice to relax, enjoy a cuppa ­Coffee and 'scape. I can wait as long as needed :)

I'm actually planning to make my iron a permanent forum (HLF) user by the end of November or early December if you want to put it on layaway until then haha. I appreciate your time Indy, and I'll see you in-game

----------------------------------------------------------------

On a site note, I hope a few rotten eggs from last year didn't ruin your fun coding Hallow-fy or Linka-ween this year. I can imagine it's very time consuming to code though, so there's no pressure to get it done.

I think each year it has been a fun surprise for the majority of users, keeping us guessing and finding little easter eggs in your code. :)
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

07-Oct-2016 07:44:35 - Last edited on 07-Oct-2016 17:37:47 by Body btw

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Posts: 447 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
I know I shouldn't be surprised to see Lil Indy hanging out here, but I still am :)

Guess I need to start bringing two coffee tributes with me when I come here! Unfortunately I only brought one today ­coffee

Just bring yourself, Keighlea :)

That's all we need around here :)

Body btw said :
I think each year it has been a fun surprise for the majority of users, keeping us guessing and finding little easter eggs in your code. :)

I was thinking about optionally bringing back the Halloween themed forums but I'm not sure if I'll get around to it. I might be working away from home over the next few weeks. So I might not get the chance to do it. I'll see how everything unfolds and go from there :)

08-Oct-2016 05:47:40

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Posts: 447 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Weyburns said :
honestly i just liked the weird movie the first time you did it. i wasn't much for the games, but i'm assuming you can just recycle the Halloween theme forums

Those were so much fun, I really enjoyed making the little movies.

Fun fact, I was in one of them :)

As for recycling the skin, pretty much do-able in theory. However I did a brief test the other day and I was surprised how many little things were out of place or just broken. The forums have changed and not always for the better.

http://i.imgur.com/6d11gal.png
^
Things like that don't seem like much, but a snowball effect can occur when placing assets that refer to that position or align with it. That breaks my Halloween theme. Sure it's fixable but it means I can't just plonk my theme in and have it work properly. There are a number of other things I need to fix and I'm doubtful I'll get around to it before Halloween. I'm going to try though :)

08-Oct-2016 07:50:38

Weyburns
Nov Member 2021

Weyburns

Posts: 4,823 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
well if you do'nt have much time, not exactly sure what you can do, but i'm sure just adding a few silly things would be fun

like changing this background pic

http://www.runescape.com/img/rs3/banners/generic.jpg

turning the circle behind our avatars into a creepy looking mirror?

changing sticky symbols into daggers?

something to do with pumkins??
Hardcore Ironman
|
Ironman Discussion

@WeyburnRS
|
Draconic Fury

08-Oct-2016 22:20:59

Lust
Feb Member 2012

Lust

Posts: 17,455 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya, hope all is well

Just a random question, is it possible atm to change the background/border colours of all posts rather than just yourself, friends/clan + others that you manually enter. Was just curious as I've been having a look around lately

help.

09-Oct-2016 03:39:16

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lil Indecent said :
I was thinking about optionally bringing back the Halloween themed forums but I'm not sure if I'll get around to it. I might be working away from home over the next few weeks. So I might not get the chance to do it. I'll see how everything unfolds and go from there :)
I think Weyburn's idea is pretty good, if so many little things are broken on the original theme, then just adding in a couple of main changes like the background picture is probably a welcome gesture for most.

Not having enough time is a good enough reason to not do it though, definitely give yourself priority! :)

­Coffee
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

09-Oct-2016 07:28:13

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top