Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evil Lucario said :
I think what he means is that the extra money from contracts helps fund artisan skills for their own 200m over choosing XP in skills that are extremely fast to 200m.

The thing is - assuming those rates are correct (4m per hour needed to make XP more worth), then perhaps there isn't a reason to choose money because of the better methods. Considering Slayer doesn't get all combat skills to 200m, the value of XP rises a bit more.
I see, I was just confused because the time versus cost values I mentioned on first post should already answer that question. Yes, combat is very fast to train, but money is also very fast to make, so I made the calculations to check. The numbers show that if you can make more than 4.2m gp/h, then it's better to use on xp.

04-Sep-2015 18:22:15

xSoulgazer
Jun Member 2005

xSoulgazer

Posts: 1,569 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
I'm really curious what the actual wyrm drop rate is for lava wyrms.

My KC is currently 7,600 with the following drops:

Heart: 2
Spike: 3
Scalp: 2

Total of 7 drops in 7.6k so far - all kills are 100% slayer only.

Finding hard to accept the rate is 1/512. This could be just RNG playing against me, or the drop rate is far rarer than expected.

I guess sample isn't too great yet. I'll know more when my KC gets higher.

Post is a bit old, but I'd also like to know the drop rates.

1,225 Lava Wyrm kills on task. 0 wyrm parts.
Raptor Key Parts + KC: p1 - 2 - 1660 // p2 - 3 - 1518 // p3 - 1 - 482 // p4 - 2 - 329

Rune Dragon Kills - 2823 - 2 tips - 2 glands - 2 scales - 1 ring - 0 robe scrolls

541 Elite Clues
--
1 Shadow Dye
339 Hard Clues

04-Sep-2015 19:17:15 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2015 19:18:20 by xSoulgazer

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yewnock said :

Going back to the numbers, if you choose gp on the 1k abby demons example, you will need to train those 11 minutes later eventually for 5.2.

But you wouldn't go back to abby demons to do that, you would go to the abyss knocking that 11 minutes down to 8-8.5 minutes. Making it require 766k * (60/8) = ~5.7m gp/hr; and as far as I am aware, there isn't a consistent way to make 5.7m gp/hr in the game since qbd is closer to a flat 5m.
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

04-Sep-2015 19:20:42

Evil Lucario
Jul Member 2012

Evil Lucario

Posts: 8,116 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well... if consistency is what you're looking for, RotS gives 6-7m/hour, assuming (I think) 18 kills per hour, something that's pretty achievable with a good team. Araxxor also gives (I heard) 8-9m/hour assuming average drop chance (40 kills per leg piece) with 6 kills per hour, which increases if outperforming with a shadow nihil/good DPS rotations. Even without special drops you get like 3-5m/hour, subtracting 500k-1m for supply costs (QBD doesn't have much supply costs because lolcooby), so 2m-4.5m/hour without that stuff.

Nothing beats merching/flipping though, which allows for no XP waste while making better/equivalent money.
Twitter @EvilLucario
| Owner of Boss School (HLF Link) | Teaching High-leveled PvM!

04-Sep-2015 20:22:53

AoDude

AoDude

I suppose consistent wasn't the exact word I was meaning. Was thinking more of the lines of highly-accessible/reliable. Such as, RotS and Arraxor, only a very limited subset of all users are able to farm it, let alone achieve those rates; but even Mod Osborne can stumble through a 3min qbd. (No offense if you read this Mod Osborne, we all start somewhere!)

So for those who can reliably make more than 5.7m/hr, yeah the xp probably makes sense (then again, if you are using combat to make that money, you are devaluing the xp reward anyway), but for the vast majority the gp should be the better option.

Side note: I am God-Aweful at flipping/merching... My scaping philosophy is I do my part to make 90% of the item value, while the flippers/merchers can make their 10% doing their thing. So for me, that would be a joke of an option :)
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

04-Sep-2015 21:54:29

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

AoDude said :
Yewnock said :

Going back to the numbers, if you choose gp on the 1k abby demons example, you will need to train those 11 minutes later eventually for 5.2.

But you wouldn't go back to abby demons to do that, you would go to the abyss knocking that 11 minutes down to 8-8.5 minutes. Making it require 766k * (60/8) = ~5.7m gp/hr; and as far as I am aware, there isn't a consistent way to make 5.7m gp/hr in the game since qbd is closer to a flat 5m.
No, I assumed 700k xp/h to my calculations, which is the base xp Joffrey got on his 2h melee rate (lower than the ~750k base with chins, and lower than Bart's ~780k base with mage). So it would still be the 4.2m tvc value I mentioned (abby demons are only like 600k mage xp/h on task, even lower if ranging or melee'ing).

Regardless, since we started talking about money role in efficiency, if we are considering max efficiency, you should value your hour in at least like 60m gp/h (alts or merching). And with that the xp is a lot more valuable in this case than the gp reward. If more consistency is wanted, zulrah can be like 18m eoc gp/h (well, it could, I haven't kept track of prices), arax (8+ kills/h) like 13m gp/h (luck based though - I am over 110 kills dry of leg pieces -.-) and rots like 8m gp/h (very consistent, assuming 20+ kills/h).

But that doesn't mean you are bound to do those "max efficiency" methods. The spreadsheet started as a search to maximise efficiency, and hence why I focused on xp over gp. But now that the sheet is customiseable, best would be to give both gp and xp option so each one can adapt it to his own gameplay style.

Oh, and for qbd I was thinking like sub 1:30 kills with mage. But that's not relevant. I only used it as an example.

04-Sep-2015 22:30:06 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2015 22:41:25 by Yewnock

Blazey
Aug Member 2008

Blazey

Posts: 11,785 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What does weight mean? and why does it say for block list '5 of any weight 10' but some of the preferred stuff on the list says it's weight 10?

If I just want to do magic what's my prefer/block?

04-Sep-2015 22:42:30 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2015 22:46:24 by Blazey

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Blazey said :
What does weight mean? and why does it say for block list '5 of any weight 10' but some of the preferred stuff on the list says it's weight 10?

If I just want to do magic what's my prefer/block?
Weighting is pretty much what defines the chance you have to receive a task if it's not blocked or unlisted. Higher weighting means higher chance of getting a task. Basically, your chance to get each task (without slayer tickets - with those it's more complicated) is (task weighting) / (sum of weightings of all non-blocked and non-unlisted tasks).

Do you want to maximise mage xp while slaying?

04-Sep-2015 22:52:49

AoDude

AoDude

Yewnock said :
Regardless, since we started talking about money role in efficiency, if we are considering max efficiency, you should value your hour in at least like 60m gp/h (alts or merching).

Jagex seems to be becoming stricter and stricter about banning accounts/alts that are used to circumvent game mechanics. By simple definition, the alt method is against the rules of runescape. That's not to say that it isn't a widely used method... (and I acknowledge some brazenly flaunt it in Jagex's face with no recourse) But that is a separate issue.

As far as merching on 1 account legitimately, if you have the wealth to make 60m/h, then you have far more money than you need to 200m your artisan skills. So that is a null point.

Yewnock said :
If more consistency is wanted, zulrah can be like 18m eoc gp/h (well, it could, I haven't kept track of prices)

Swapping is questionable at best. Also it is highly inefficient to level up an osrs account just to generate cach for you rs3 account. (this is under the assumption that zulrah is more of an end game boss to generate that much gold. I don't play OSRS, so I could be wrong, but that would be silly balancing if it wasn't)

Yewnock said :
arax (8+ kills/h) like 13m gp/h (luck based though - I am over 110 kills dry of leg pieces -.-) and rots like 8m gp/h (very consistent, assuming 20+ kills/h).

Combat based money making methods devalue the combat xp reward, because they have their own combat xp rewards. It is rather inefficient to snowball your combat skills just to train your artisan skills.
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

04-Sep-2015 23:55:39 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2015 00:02:17 by AoDude

AoDude

AoDude

Evil Lucario said :
^ This is true. However, if you truly need to make money for Herblore/Summoning/etc, the most "efficient" way isn't through PvM/Slayer, but through merching/flipping/etc (can't personally do, too impatient). It's passive money that can also be done when gaining XP (not called Runecrafting or Slayer), and money from Slayer/Runecrafting is a "bonus" in comparison.

At least, that's what I got from bits and pieces from other threads.

Ah, I seemed to have completely missed this post. TBH, farming should be included in that list, because it is very good passive money/herb supplies, and xp needed until 5.2b.
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

05-Sep-2015 00:17:17 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2015 00:20:41 by AoDude

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top