Forums

this is a dead forum

Quick find code: 259-260-795-66254984

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
T r y p t said :
I made a completely reasonable thread and you locked it for no reason mister Tufftypower

Mister Tufftypower... So glad you got that right. For years people called me Mrs Tufftypower. :P

If you mean this thread:- 15-16-675-66254987 Then I did leave a valid reason.

It was reported to the Forum Help thread and I checked it out and had to scratch my head several times to be fair. I could not find a reason for the thread. In the Recent Game update section people make a thread discussing the New update and threads usually last a week or two and if they carry on are requested moved to a better suited section. But for the life of me I and others could not understand where your thread was leading thus the lock and reply left.

I gave you several outs with the lock and you took none of them up. So not sure what you want now other then complain about a lock.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

18-Jun-2022 11:31:37 - Last edited on 18-Jun-2022 11:36:56 by Tuffty

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That thread has great value. Without specifying the update it would lead to a string of people asking if X was the update being referred to. It's a great way to gather information.

As opposed to the current situation where nobody posts anything interesting ever.

Just the fact that I wanted to post on that thread was enough of an indication to me that it would soon be locked. No surprise.

18-Jun-2022 14:42:51

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like the idea of some kind of messaging system like a little email where you can send messages to friends and wait for replies would be good for those in different timezones to get in touch.

Could experiment with updating the notes system to allow sending notes to others i.e add a note and a recipient and it will pop up on their notes page, instead of yours which will act as an ingame dm, link it to the existing privacy settings so you can get messages from everyone if your private it on or just friends etc ..
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

19-Jun-2022 00:28:02

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Another way to bring life to these forums is to create some type of ingame reward of perk for post count the forumers are not really known in game a nice title or a cape with an emote for 1000, 5000, 10,000 and 20,000 forum posts will get more to come and participate while rewarding the existing forum community
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
•*º*•›•*º*•

19-Jun-2022 00:31:47

T r y p t

T r y p t

Posts: 21,683 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Werewolf said :
Another way to bring life to these forums is to create some type of ingame reward of perk for post count the forumers are not really known in game a nice title or a cape with an emote for 1000, 5000, 10,000 and 20,000 forum posts will get more to come and participate while rewarding the existing forum community
God almighty, all knowing and all doing, may your gaze never again intersect a suggestion such as this.

20-Jun-2022 00:46:00

T r y p t

T r y p t

Posts: 21,683 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
T r y p t said :
I made a completely reasonable thread and you locked it for no reason mister Tufftypower

Mister Tufftypower... So glad you got that right. For years people called me Mrs Tufftypower. :P

If you mean this thread:- 15-16-675-66254987 Then I did leave a valid reason.

It was reported to the Forum Help thread and I checked it out and had to scratch my head several times to be fair. I could not find a reason for the thread. In the Recent Game update section people make a thread discussing the New update and threads usually last a week or two and if they carry on are requested moved to a better suited section. But for the life of me I and others could not understand where your thread was leading thus the lock and reply left.

I gave you several outs with the lock and you took none of them up. So not sure what you want now other then complain about a lock.
During some of the best periods of the forums there were times where I made threads in Recent Updates that were just as nonsensical and spammy, if not more, than that thread, and they'd reach 200 pages and have to make v2. Now if you go in Recent Updates the bottom of the front page thread list is multiple days ago. I don't think too many threads being posted is the issue. You've been a forum mod for this many countless years and you still haven't gained a level of personal discretion necessary to help maintain interactivity on the forums, instead trying to destroy it unless it meets your own comprehensions?

20-Jun-2022 07:14:08

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Your missing the point again.

No one is stopping you making threads to discuss a Recent Game update. But after 2 weeks it's usually moved or locked as per the rules of that section which are below.

Recent Game Updates Rules

Recent Game Updates Forum Guide

The Recent Game Updates Forum is the primary source of feedback used by the RuneScape Developers, particularly on and around game updates. We love your constructive feedback, and would love to see what you think about an update that was released within the last 2 weeks!

So you can't really have a Global thread that I feel it was to discuss many many updates over many many months but a single thread per update is fine.

Also yes I've been here on the forums since they were turned on and I'm still here enjoying them and Yes I've seen many many rule changes over the years. Last thing a F-Mod wants is to lock something. Your thread was locked as it got reported to the Forum Help thread as jibbersih. No one could understand it it had no topic about any recent game update within the last 2 weeks but a generic thread wanting to discuss all topics over how ever long.

As for the last paragraph I'll ignore that and not reply. I follow Jagex guidelines they set out at all times.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

20-Jun-2022 14:38:03

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

T r y p t said :
Werewolf said :
God almighty, all knowing and all doing, may your gaze never again intersect a suggestion such as this.
this is a free forum and i can say what i like, dont like it then dont respond simples, as you said T r y p t said :
I have absolutely no time to read the writings of people who are wrong.
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
•*º*•›•*º*•

20-Jun-2022 18:54:44

Quick find code: 259-260-795-66254984 Back to Top