Forums

this is a dead forum

Quick find code: 259-260-795-66254984

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
every game company hires some smiley guy bad at math who shilled high count at reddit to be their "community manager" and then they turn around and report reddit forums that elevated them to be super relevant.

nevermind those are full of spongebob memes and "family is everything" mass marketing garbage.

those CM never do learn math, code, art, and they get run through meat grinder in a few years. I really liked Nick, too, so I dont mean to sound glib about it.

Ideally a new CEO would see the value of things happening to the game, website, etc so that like...
1. we could block users at rsof - like every other online anything
2. we could have a text only mailbox with a tick box for "friends only" - super necessary for high visibility ranked players - they'd get thousands of messages a day

so yeah, correctly speaking, rsof is long overdue for an update.

discord... ha ha dont get me started. thats such a deeper black hole. you hear murmurs about steam or discord having data breaches and players losing their password to phishing... thats so bad, but also so far from the worst thing that goes on there. what I can hint at, though, is that millions of sugar babies from sugar book, seeking arrangement, or worse... they all primarily prey upon gamers at discord. Anybody gasping... like your kids homeschooled and they talk to friends with discord... yeah... you want to arm them with knowledge about like... how that uvalde shooter went insane in an echo chamber at discord.

rsof's biggest challenge is risk. risk that penalties for poor word choice... it can affect your game, so why risk it? example: its TRULY not the same in america to use this word that rhymes with drastic, and tell an excited friend "dont be a... draz." But you use the word, and in the UK its super forbidden, because its part of lethal hazing, and you mean well, and jagex ignores dictionaries exist for british english and american english... and... pow. muted for a couple days.

plus the news shows...
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

09-Jun-2022 15:59:30

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

the news shows us items like the drunk guy who threatened school shooting violence and went to jail 6 years. Someone baited that guy, reported him, and jagex simply and easily forwarded it all along. I absolutely do not think that guy should have escaped all penalty, but... his 6 year stay in prison was clearly part of a "cash for kids" scheme for which multiple judges themselves have letter been sent to jail for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal

and jagex felt like they could do nothing afterwards. Like... they didnt need to make a news post announcement to us, or anything. Any of rsof users are pretty sure we'd never risk any such thing, but... what if you didnt know, right?

nevermind the game glorifies stealing/thievery. you type the wrong couple things about stealing the crown jewels, and maybe thats a super serious offense in britain (Im not being accurate, but I'm not wrong).

The fake customer service crowns on players yoked to seem "active" by taking actions and responding "I took this action" after checking in at their own hidden subforum... man... y'all would not believe where I sometimes find those players. They are not saints. They do have an "interest" each one of them, and theyre not really elected, or functions of player democracy, so... they can mute it when you suggest something that cuts into their profits.

Too vague? Okay. OSRS has no rares, cause they got to vote no rares before it had a bunch of player moderators identified by wearing their mad hats. They all walked off HLF and rsof too... because this is where they'd be vulnerable to mad hat censorship.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

09-Jun-2022 16:08:34

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

tldr but also too late for that: rsof could make runescape better. hlf could make runescape better. its possible.

it'd get proposed as a passion project at meeting, like... someone needs 5 employees to come rebuild this wonky ancient UBB and give it blocking and mail... this ancient thing so much older than liespace or fakebook, right? what would that equate to in money? would that make the game more attractive to new players? help retain old players?

I know the answer is yes, but... at the table are going to be CM who were formerly reddit mods, and theyre gonna act in their own interest and say no.

09-Jun-2022 16:11:35

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

If I started a thread "reddit sucks!" the bad at math CM and the legion of daydreaming bad at math mad hats who think they could be CM for a short while someday too... oh man. they'd close the thread so fast.

this is like the fiftieth spammy "hlf so deaded" thread and it wont be modded like at all.

thats the proof. I am 100% right.

edit/add/postscript: it looks like I specifically mean tuffty. I don't. tuffty is a lot more metacognizant of what he does, and there are over a hundred pmods like him that dont have the same visible actions.

09-Jun-2022 16:16:35 - Last edited on 09-Jun-2022 16:18:24 by J R Kerr

T r y p t

T r y p t

Posts: 21,692 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J R Kerr said :
tldr but also too late for that: rsof could make runescape better. hlf could make runescape better. its possible.

it'd get proposed as a passion project at meeting, like... someone needs 5 employees to come rebuild this wonky ancient UBB and give it blocking and mail... this ancient thing so much older than liespace or fakebook, right? what would that equate to in money? would that make the game more attractive to new players? help retain old players?

I know the answer is yes, but... at the table are going to be CM who were formerly reddit mods, and theyre gonna act in their own interest and say no.
jagex does not care about the forums, they never have, they're a side project and will at some point be shut down. if they are not being updated, they are not being maintained, and if they are not being maintained they will eventually die due to infrastructural modifications that make them require too much maintenance to fix to justify allocating workers to fix it

there's no reason the forums should be completely seperate from the game.

11-Jun-2022 10:56:41

Quick find code: 259-260-795-66254984 Back to Top