Forums

Kags' HLF POP Encyclopedia V5

Quick find code: 259-260-720-65832736

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,299 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blue Spad said :
Hi Kags, thanks for the guide. I was wondering, how would you go about trying to get bis crew members without completely ruining the ability to send out trade voyages daily? Would you just focus on one crew member at a time and keep selling/buying that crew member until you roll a good one? For additional context, shield region and all crew members are level 10 right now. Also, can you tell if a crew member will be good the moment after buying them, or would you need to level them up to 10?

Thanks!

I would work on 1 Terracotta Merchant, 1 Exile, 1 Morale, 1 Combat, and 1 Seafaring (so 5 crew in total) at once. Assuming you are completely dedicated to improving your entire crew. You can tell if a crew/captain is good the moment you hire them.

There's no "guaranteed" way to get favorable traits, unless there's a beta test/world going on.

You are more likely to find traits (mostly positive, rarely negative ones) and/or personal bonuses on crew with good examine options though.

Examples:
* Seventh child of a seventh child
* Hunts sea monsters for fun
* Carves spoons from teak
* Wants to be buried at sea
* A little less briny than the sea

~Portmaster Kags :)
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

25-Feb-2021 19:45:58 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2021 19:50:29 by Kags

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

WR E C KE D said :
Hi Kags, just curious how do I know what captains to buy? Idk if i just haven't come across any good ones in a while but it seems like every time I look they aren't as good as the captains I currently have even taking the level difference into account. I haven't gotten a new captain in over a region.

Also, should I prioritize story progress or trade goods in my special missions? I'm currently in the scythe region so not really close to being able to make anything. Thanks!

In Shield region, you can buy captains that cost 35K chimes. In the regions before Shield (Hook-Loop), the best captains you can buy cost 10K chimes (do not buy Speed-based ones).

Always prioritize story voyages if they appear for special voyages.

~Portmaster Kags :)
HLF V5

05-Mar-2021 18:30:20

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Scouter Jw said :
Kags,

Do the duo (and trio?) voyages contribute towards the 'Stories Completed' number? I'm getting the 6th voyages with the Memory and Tengu (those have big rewards) but each have three more)

So ... each individual's 6 stories need to be completed before they are 'eligible' for duo missions (or?)

A specific example/question ... for the Memory, there is 'A Joint Acquisition' with the Occultist (and then, two tiers of rewards? Does that one count for one or two stories?) and 'A Joint Effort'

And do I understand correctly that those duo missions need to be completed before the 'trio' mission is eligible to show up (and so, for the Memory, that would be Guardians of the World?)

Thanks again for the great guide and the time you take to answer questions!

Duo voyages do not contribute to # story voyages completed. Trio voyages do increase # stories completed, if successful.

A specific trio of adventurers needs to be at 6 stories each before trio story voyages will appear from them. So at minimum you need to be in Pincers region to get Completionist Cape.

No duo voyage in Ports is considered a story voyage. They are just special voyages with increased rewards (as compared to a single adventurer voyage).

~Portmaster Kags
HLF V5

09-Mar-2021 16:12:39

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

xMYx said :
Hey Kags,

Quick question, I'm not getting any story mission for almost a week already (Is it due to the "pincers" region yet to unlock?). My current stories for each adventurer is 5 (unlocked all 12 adventurers) with distance travelled - 881,374.

You can only get the 6th story voyages from the 6th region - Pincers (Stainless Steel area, unlocked at 1,200,000 distance).

Trio story voyages become possible once all 3 adventurers in a specific trio are at 6 stories.

~Portmaster Kags
HLF V5

16-Mar-2021 00:03:58

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

UPDATED :O :D :)

===== Section 10: Grand Exchange Prices =====
Every 1-2 months, I will update with the average GE value of all Ports-related items.
Last updated: March 21, 2021

=== Ancient Bones (Scrimshaws) ===
= 10 Bones Each =
- Cruelty: 7200K (720K per bone)
- Vampyrism: 6978K (698K/TG)
- Elements: 7026K (702K/TG)
- Ranging: 2920K
- Magic: 2595K
- Attack: 1619K

= 4 Bones Each =
- Whopper-Baiting: 1148K (287K/TG)
- Rock-Crushing: 1131K (283K/TG)
- Memory-Crushing: 1064K
- Log-Splitting: 1016K

= 2 Bones Each =
- Energy-Gathering: 1111K (555K/TG)
- Tree-Shaking: 404K
- Gem-Finding: 392K
- Casket-Salvaging: 201K

= Others =
- Corruption: 1542K
- Sacrifice: 1210K
- Aggression: 451K

=== Spices (Eastern Soups) ===
- Sailfish Soup: 21.5K (16.1K profit)
- Rocktail Soup: 13.1K (8.1K profit)

=== Plate ===
- Tetsu Helm: 1211K (40K per plate)
- Tetsu Platelegs: 1548K (31K/TG)
- Tetsu Body: 1913K (24K/TG)
- Tetsu Sword Upgrade Kit (tier 88 dual wield): 392K
- Mizuyari (tier 85 spear): 8.4M
- Masuta's Warspear (tier 82 halberd): 7.5M
- Dragon Slayer Ability Codex: 46.7M

=== Chi Globes ===
- Seasinger Hood: 2276K (76K per chi globe)
- Seasinger Robe Bottom: 3301K (66K/TG)
- Seasinger Robe Top: 4495K (56K/TG)
- Seasinger Weapon Upgrade Kit (tier 88 dual wield): 747K
- Undead Slayer Ability Codex: 38.7M

=== Lacquer ===
- Death Lotus Hood: 3943K (131K per lacquer)
- Death Lotus Chaps: 6547K (131K/TG)
- Death Lotus Chestplate: 8781K (110K/TG)
- Death Lotus Extract (tier 88 dual wield): 100K
- Demon Slayer Ability Codex: 27.7M

=== Koi Scales & Pearls ===
- Leviathan Ring: 312K (4K per pearl)
- Reefwalker's Cape: 198K (2K per koi scale)

~Portmaster Kags :D
HLF V5

21-Mar-2021 04:29:33

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

QtheGaming said :
I am currently in the BOWL region. Since I started Ports, I have yet to see a single 10,000 CHIME captain, that is unlocked with the Hook Region. Why is this?

10K chimes captains get more common as you reach farther regions and upgrade your bar. They are most common in Shield region, but you can find 35K chimes captains in the Shield.

~Portmaster Kags
HLF V5

26-Mar-2021 13:19:46

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Alberthoja said :
I'm new to player-owned ports and currently in the Hook region. I find it a bit difficult to know what type of special voyages to prioritise. A goal for me is to complete all storylines, but obviously that will take a very long time. Should I always choose story voyages if they're available? How would you advise me to prioritise the other types of special voyages?

Story voyages is 1st priority (when available). After that, scroll voyages, since they only get harder as you progress through the regions, but always only reward 1 scroll piece.

~Portmaster Kags
HLF V5

04-May-2021 20:27:31

Quick find code: 259-260-720-65832736 Back to Top