Forums

r u pissed about mining/smith

Quick find code: 259-260-54-65944857

Dsctatom
Dec Member 2023

Dsctatom

Posts: 12,987 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They'll probably just switch it all out with some higher tier drop. So rune will become an easily available, 1k ore and Dragonite (wait...) will replace it in terms of scarcity and drops. So rune weapons will be moved down to low level mobs and their alch accordingly nerfed and new higher level (but still trash tier, relatively speaking) drops will come from Steel dragons and such.

02-Sep-2017 17:23:14

Kakamile

Kakamile

Posts: 10,839 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
When it comes down to it, what Jagex considered important (moving stuff like runite from lvl 85 to 50) never mattered to me. Mining and smithing already have content at all levels, having stuff designed to be increasingly rare capping at t50 is terrible for balancing, and if anything that shift would make 50-99 even worse for ironmen. How essential is more runite-style mining after you've added sandstone, seren stones, salt, and alaea right?

What was important was that M&S

was supposed to start a series of projects to make more skills profitable and give players more choices

was supposed to add high-risk, high-intensity content to match the GP/h of high-risk, high-intensity PvM

moves resource drops from PvM to skilling, to stop PvM from being faster gathering than skilling

creates item sinks for all tiers of armour so even PvM has increased value

changes ore deposits from single-ore to concentrated-ore style, so multiple players can share

Even after Jagex dropped the plans for high-risk mining, meaning that the new t90 metal would have all the profit without all the logic behind being that profit, it was still a good idea.

But now all M&S has become is the followup content to an update that was scrapped (t85->t50) and some new high level rewards. Despite what Mod Jack said, this sounds like the most graphically-burdensome parts of M&S for the least gain.

I really hope that the new tier at least manage to create an item sink for pvm armour like was suggested before, and do what invention failed to do as a high tier item sink.

Without even that, the update will be useless.

02-Sep-2017 19:58:28

Darth Novi
Aug Member 2019

Darth Novi

Posts: 9,741 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ Thanks for that. I haven't had time to study/follow the project.

Your insights/reasoning just make me more certain I don't want a half-baked update. I'm reminded of the "rune value" update (vis wax) that hasn't had any follow-through after the initial update.

03-Sep-2017 13:20:29

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not particularly bothered by the delays. I'm already 99 and I gave up on my goal of progressively increasing my exp over time years ago. High intensity skills sound nice, but I've begun to take everything Jagex says with a grain of salt lately. Almost anything is high intensity compared to one click per 5 minutes like a fair amount of skills have become.

Taking out any experience/fun concerns from the equation leaves me with high level benefits: what can I actually make with the skill that's useful to me. I can see that going one of two ways...

We have the invention tier which adds a diverse combat experience and has a large impact. Can go for the safe combos or be a crazy person and make 1k gizmos trying for that one perk combination to be the very best there ever was.

Then you have the slayer tier. Increasing the skill by 21 levels, a whopping 8x the content... And make use of it by adding like 8 new pieces of content and increasing your effectiveness in the content by 0.5%.

I'd prefer they keep putting it off, because I'm hoping for the "invention tier" level of update but expecting the "slayer tier" instead. If this rework is going to add four half-assed training methods and one high level benefit you sink 2k runite++++* ore into for an average dps increase of 1%, I'd rather they spend the time on other updates.

If they actually balance out the skill (as in Kakamile's post) and add some fun content and some significant upgrades, I'd be happy to see it.

*Side note: It wouldn't actually surprise me at this point if they added new tiers of ore and just called them runite+, runite++, etc. My expectations for new content have sunk so low as of late.
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

03-Sep-2017 14:30:42

Invention
Mar Member 2008

Invention

Posts: 573 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
my batch 2 should be nice.
I have no thoughts on the private ser...i mean osrs and mining and smithing is under the "i try to just get 200m as quick as i can so i dont have to worry about the skill" category.

i live by the best advice i ever heard whe i was younger - "Expect the worst and hope for the best."
Co-Owner of Stormguard...the bird is the word.

04-Sep-2017 06:00:49

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pasnomo said :
Team Skull said :
Southeaster said :
Chee arra said :
Was Zeus said :
Did you lose your forum mod because they raised the IQ requirement to 50

If they did that, plenty more fmods would have lost it.

Tbf, it'd be an IQ of 80 as that would be borderline intelligence.

At an IQ of 50 you wouldn't even be able to complete basic house chores, let alone differentiate between offending and non-offending posts upon looking at moderator protocols and procedures on a gaming website :P

Soooo you're saying 50 is too high?

Questionable for some, no doubt.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

04-Sep-2017 10:20:54

Aponi
Jan Member 2022

Aponi

Posts: 10,482 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It depends on the quality of the update. There will always be happy and unhappy people when an update comes out. So I don't think one person's opinion would speak for everyone else. I have liked updates that other did not like and vice versa.

Personally, I'm sick of the current Smithing and Mining in game because those two skills have become useless. So whatever updates that will be make to change them will be good for me.

04-Sep-2017 21:53:10 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2017 21:55:14 by Aponi

H Rassy
Sep Member 2023

H Rassy

Posts: 17,469 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The no vote is mostly out of spite I think,finally a chance to say no and to revolt a little (as jagex clearly did prefer the yes option)
Many people probably didn't think their vote through and the consequences are a bit unclear.
Jagex says it will postpone other game updates but can they really afford to go for 6 months without any significant update other then working on the mining and smithing rework?

melodramatic rambling incoming:

Rs3 is just dying and no update can turn that around,other then removing the eoc update.
The more the game and the players evolve,the less of an attractive environment it becomes.
We are leaving the 3rd stage (autum) and are about to enter the final and last stage of rs3 evolutionary cycle,the winter.
Old school is starting to look more attractive by the day.

08-Sep-2017 14:27:06

Quick find code: 259-260-54-65944857 Back to Top