Forums

r u pissed about mining/smith

Quick find code: 259-260-54-65944857

Dsctatom
Dec Member 2023

Dsctatom

Posts: 12,987 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm long past caring about it, but when I saw the poll option, I voted for it to all be released at once. Mostly because Jagex's piecemeal concept has been trash and they WILL "forget" about the rest of it.

31-Aug-2017 19:18:18

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Posts: 10,335 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dsctatom said :
I'm long past caring about it, but when I saw the poll option, I voted for it to all be released at once. Mostly because Jagex's piecemeal concept has been trash and they WILL "forget" about the rest of it.

They'll just end up scrapping it like they originally did Batch 2 for Invention. Just keep in mind that Invention has been around for 1 year and 8 months or so and we still haven't seen any kind of new, 'batch'-like content out of it.

The content we have gotten is the alchemical onyx, urn enhancers and skilling outfits/fragments that should have been available to us from the start. I'm probably forgetting a couple of things but the point is that nothing they have given us since release is worthy of attaching the branding of 'batch 2' to.

I can't even begin to imagine what this would look like for M&S because we probably wouldn't even get anything small like the little things that Invention has given us.

Also I love the quotes around 'forget'. There is no way that they forget these things lol
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Friends Chat Improvements | 1 Defence Quests and Tasks
Goals

31-Aug-2017 20:16:42 - Last edited on 31-Aug-2017 20:17:50 by Chee arra

Team Misha
Nov Member 2023

Team Misha

Posts: 12,161 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Actually I'm mad they changed the threshold. I voted Yes because quite frankly I don't want them to consume 99% of resources on some convoluted update that who knows how it will go. People will get mad either way: voting no and taking away potential short to mid-term updates for the rework. Voting yes and being mad that the rest of the update is not out. It's a loss-loss. Personally I'd rather small patches that could help improve the usefulness of the existing skills and to finish invention. They are literally going through the SAME problem with "expansions", they set out for some grand massive update but they WILL NEVER DELIVER IT they way you want it, even if you vote no.

If there was a third option: "I don't want any big M&S update right now", that's what I would have voted for.

01-Sep-2017 03:57:47 - Last edited on 01-Sep-2017 03:58:42 by Team Misha

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Southeaster said :
Chee arra said :
Was Zeus said :
Did you lose your forum mod because they raised the IQ requirement to 50

If they did that, plenty more fmods would have lost it.

Tbf, it'd be an IQ of 80 as that would be borderline intelligence.

At an IQ of 50 you wouldn't even be able to complete basic house chores, let alone differentiate between offending and non-offending posts upon looking at moderator protocols and procedures on a gaming website :P
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

01-Sep-2017 10:11:01

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Posts: 10,335 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dsctatom said :
How does this poll even work? Yes, do high level first. No, do it all at once. Requires 75% to pass. *neither gets 75%* Do you just repoll it until something happens?

It's like when you go to the fridge in the middle of the night and you're hungry but nothing there is appetizing. You close the door, lower your standards, re-open and try again. I guess? Idk lmao
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Friends Chat Improvements | 1 Defence Quests and Tasks
Goals

01-Sep-2017 21:58:02

Pasnomo

Pasnomo

Posts: 28,483 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
Southeaster said :
Chee arra said :
Was Zeus said :
Did you lose your forum mod because they raised the IQ requirement to 50

If they did that, plenty more fmods would have lost it.

Tbf, it'd be an IQ of 80 as that would be borderline intelligence.

At an IQ of 50 you wouldn't even be able to complete basic house chores, let alone differentiate between offending and non-offending posts upon looking at moderator protocols and procedures on a gaming website :P

Soooo you're saying 50 is too high?

01-Sep-2017 22:01:06

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Reworks will ultimately be disappointing, I don't understand the purpose.

Yes mining and smithing has not aged well. The problem is, soooo many people have achieved the max levels in these skills that what good is reworking them going to do? It'd be change for the sake of change. I guess making it more logical for how the game operates in 2017 and moving forward would be a good thing, I just don't know what it truly hopes to accomplish.

If they're going to put this much effort into reworking the skill(s) then I'd rather they make a brand new elite skill that requires 99 in various production/gathering skills that becomes our new crafting system moving forward. Reworking existing skills just seems like a waste of resources though.

02-Sep-2017 09:34:28

Jona than
Dec Member 2011

Jona than

Posts: 3,979 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dsctatom said :
How does this poll even work? Yes, do high level first. No, do it all at once. Requires 75% to pass. *neither gets 75%* Do you just repoll it until something happens?

'yes' needs 75% to pass, if 'yes' doesn't get 75%, option 'no' wins
Why do today what you can postpone tomorrow

02-Sep-2017 09:46:50

Quick find code: 259-260-54-65944857 Back to Top