Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Lord Nerevar

Lord Nerevar

Posts: 4,558 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mej said :
Wake said :
Since Indy making me do this, im posting how many attempts it takes w/ 121 invention (cape boost) for the first perk she posted. It was undead slayer and demon slayer in one gizmo.

I did 5 attempts and got it on 4th. 4/5 attempts were undead and profane lol. Here is the combo her and i used as well incase if anyone wants this.

http://i.imgur.com/GKLp73u.png

You can get it with 2-3 dex and 3-2 dragonfire fairly reliable in my experience.

If you put it on an armour piece along with undead slayer and genidical (undead comps), it's great for slayer.

I also used the slayer pants set up early on for training. 2 dextrous/1 dragonfire got Demon+Dragon slayer in ~1/4 tries for me and 2 undead always got me Genocidal+Undead slayer. During the beginning of invention it's handy for training through slayer.
While this does limit one to only two other armor gizmos the limitation is more severe once you get to higher levels and have all the fun perks unlocked than at the lower levels. Plus with these perks having cheap comps to begin with there's not a major loss if you disolve the gizmo to upgrade your perks at a higher level.

04-Oct-2016 05:03:21

Big Storms

Big Storms

Posts: 3,932 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Big Storms said :
Just wondering, how high are the odds of getting
genocidal and caroming 2
with
3 shadow and 2 bandos components
?

Want it as a viable weapon perk without relying on augmented armour.

Asking this again, since caroming 3 basically is overkill. Other combo's with caroming are also welcomed. Just remember this is for casual slayer past 120 invention, when I like to spend less gp on augmented gear (hence me not putting genocidal on armour).
"One should not mindlessly follow gods or the godless:
follow
your
own
path
"
~Big Storms

10-Oct-2016 06:12:28 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2016 06:14:13 by Big Storms

DramaticHobo
Nov Member 2011

DramaticHobo

Posts: 805 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Big Storms said :
Big Storms said :
Just wondering, how high are the odds of getting
genocidal and caroming 2
with
3 shadow and 2 bandos components
?

Want it as a viable weapon perk without relying on augmented armour.

Asking this again, since caroming 3 basically is overkill. Other combo's with caroming are also welcomed. Just remember this is for casual slayer past 120 invention, when I like to spend less gp on augmented gear (hence me not putting genocidal on armour).

I went ahead and made one because I had spare components and it seemed like a cool idea. Caroming 2 + Genocidal on the first try. The 3 shadow components give guaranteed rank 2, so as long as you have a high enough invention level it will probably roll both perks easily. But for the record, I put the shadow components in before the bandos ones to be safe.

EDIT: checked your stats, I'd say go for it! :)

10-Oct-2016 13:15:17 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2016 13:18:00 by DramaticHobo

Evil Lucario
Jul Member 2012

Evil Lucario

Posts: 8,116 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It does absolutely nothing for Slayer.

Flanking is only used for DPSing group bosses (and even then only certain ones like P1/P3 Vorago, Beastmaster Durzag, and Yakamaru). It buffs Backhand/Binding Shot/Impact (no Kick) to a 220% ability (from 100%) and buffs Forceful Backhand/Tight Bindings/Deep Impact to a 245% ability (from 200%) if your target cannot see you. In both cases though, the stun effect is removed (but it still triggers Yakamaru's stun mechanic on stun pool).

While it's extremely powerful at the right times, it's not as good as Aftershock's 3.5%-3.8% constant DPS boost. You can only get good use from Flanking as an offhand switch.
Twitter @EvilLucario
| Owner of Boss School (HLF Link) | Teaching High-leveled PvM!

11-Oct-2016 06:30:09

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top