Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Lord Nerevar

Lord Nerevar

Posts: 4,558 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From the new perks released it looks like rapid is always worth it, pyromaniac seems good for bonfires, tinkerer is worthless, breakdown sounds good but most smithing training isn't done to break it down for oneself, and prosper is nice if you want clues but that's it. Am I missing anything?

07-Feb-2017 07:00:37

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would use rapid 2/3 and tinker 3 on crystal hammers for rune smithing, and wise 3 tinker 3 on hammertron for artisan workshop. The advantage of that is rapid and tinker of course, for rune smithing, and for artisan workshop you get to use tinker and gain invention xp. If you have both 200m and the pet though, the benefits of just tinker become really small, you might be better off using a mainhand weapon with wise on artisan workshop (if you don't want to make a new wise 3 on a tool gizmo etc).

Additionally, if you don't have the invention pet yet, I suppose you can use enlight 2/3 instead of tinker 3, since tinker is very underwhelming and you'd want to maximize invention xp gains for the pet. If you do have the pet, it's not really that important, unless invention is your last 200m skill and have no other skills to put xp in. There are plenty of opportunities to get invention xp through combat and non combat skills, and you don't need the enlight xp bonus, even if it means a much more inferior xp bonus on a different skill.

Finally for firemaking, I'd say rapid 2/3 and pyromaniac 5 are the obvious choice here. Rapid actually doesn't seem to work, but I think this is a bug. Tinker is not really worth it with how poor the xp bonus is.

Breakdown is mostly irrelevant, it would have been nice a year ago when everyone was smithing addy swords for components but now nobody does that.

As for prosper, it is really bad. Even if you're into clue hunting, they seem really rare (can take 1-2 hours for one, if not more) and you can get any level of clue, meaning the level you're after becomes even rarer. You are better off using a different perk, even tinker seems better..
Hi

07-Feb-2017 17:22:11 - Last edited on 07-Feb-2017 17:23:19 by Lathow

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,295 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lathow said :
Does pyromaniac actually burn the contents of a yak? Also how does rapid help when you're doing roots with superheat form?

Oh and wise 3 is only 3% xp isn't it..

That would mean the Mammoth is even better than Pack Yak (if Pyromaniac perk also burns logs from familiar's inventory).

Wise 3 is only 3% XP boost yea, not 9%, unless I'm missing some combination to it?

~Portmaster Kags
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

07-Feb-2017 23:57:33

Lord Nerevar

Lord Nerevar

Posts: 4,558 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Heard about the Tinkerer rework, which should be much more worthwhile.

Sounds like pyro5/rapid 3 would be ideal for bonfires while reworked tinkerer and wise 3 would be better for Superheat form at Jadinkos, since there isn't anything being thrown into a fire there.

08-Feb-2017 04:51:16

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kakamile said :
Interesting perk choices. Where do you use lunging?
lunge is left a little underappreciated because its weirder than it says. it only activates 60% of the time. 40% chance to just get minimum damage 400s rolling. if it comes off then its hard to say what it was adding to, but I do get it to roll 1000 s for me, and that means I have a basic doing 6k. its the potential for highest/fastest kill that makes me like it. moreover its supposed to allow that we can use 4 avernic to get lunge 3 and still have slot left for something else like mobile, or like demon slayer, but man... the GE limit on fury swords is 2 ea every 4 hrs, so I cant even try as much as I want. I think I have failed a dozen times before deciding 3 avernic, 1 subtle, 1 dextrous for at least lunge 2 mobile would be good
IN VOID
, so settling for that for now.

1m item xp lv 20 aug zaros gs whee!

caveat: if I am helpin someone nex for ancient defender I take burninate off my bar, because blood, and its like turning the gizmo off which I cannot do with crackle and aftershock.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

09-Feb-2017 18:38:50 - Last edited on 09-Feb-2017 18:40:34 by J R Kerr

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aftershock doesn't go off randomly, it depends on your own damage and if you don't attack it won't go off at all. Crackling I can see it being annoying during siphons or reflects, but you have ways to prevent it (ie. temporarily switch to another item if it's that important) and it is really good everywhere else. Hi

09-Feb-2017 23:39:38

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top