Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Santa Ends
Jul Member 2023

Santa Ends

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DramaticHobo said :
Oh snap, someone actually got Imp 3 + Dev 3!

Santa Ends said :
Desired setup:
Replace Enlightened2 wise2's with Crackling 3 Dragon Slayer and Impatient 3 Undead Slayer.
Replace Scav2 looting with Scav2 Demon Slayer.

Good news, Santa. I had some spare ancient components and was able to get this combo on the 3rd try. So if you're lucky enough to obtain them from scavenging, that might be a reasonable use for them. (3 precious + 1 ancient + 5 clear parts)

http://puu.sh/qJNkR.png

This is amazing. Thank you Hobo!
Questing Clan of Runescape , T7 Citadel, capping not compulsory. Free cabbage.

22-Aug-2016 05:01:02

HyunA

HyunA

Posts: 23,608 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For Melee.

Lunging vs Aftershock 3 for Melee?

Which is better? I feel Lunging is because it's more consistent and it's a solid boost to your DPS rotation. I'd rather put it on my Scythe over Aftershock 3 and my Main hand Drygore.

I can't find a reason for Melee to use Aftershock since it won't even count towards weapon or armour xp anyway.
@HyunAOP

22-Aug-2016 16:06:53

Veggie
May Member 2010

Veggie

Posts: 2,072 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
HyunA said :
For Melee.

Which is better? I feel Lunging is because it's more consistent and it's a solid boost to your DPS rotation. I'd rather put it on my Scythe over Aftershock 3 and my Main hand Drygore.

I can't find a reason for Melee to use Aftershock since it won't even count towards weapon or armour xp anyway.

Something to note about Lunging is that it increases the maximum damage of your basic bleeds, so it's deceiving in that way just like the Revenge ability.

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/4esjhm/lunging_perk_analysis/

It's about a 19.5% increase in DPS to that one ability.

Aftershock is definitely more DPS overall, but I do think that Aftershock is a frustratingly bad perk between it not always working (going off on dead enemies), being more expensive than Precise/Equilibrium, being significantly weaker than Precise/Equilibrium, requiring GWD2 reputation, dictating how you're allowed to switch weapon/offhand (must equip Aftershock item first or lose Aftershock stacks), and giving you the weaker perk on your mainhand (as opposed to having Precise 5 on mainhand while you have a shield equipped). I cannot wait for the day that perk dies.

22-Aug-2016 20:01:11

HyunA

HyunA

Veggie said :
HyunA said :
For Melee.

Something to note about Lunging is that it increases the maximum damage of your basic bleeds, so it's deceiving in that way just like the Revenge ability.

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/4esjhm/lunging_perk_analysis/

It's about a 19.5% increase in DPS to that one ability.

Aftershock is definitely more DPS overall, but I do think that Aftershock is a frustratingly bad perk between it not always working (going off on dead enemies), being more expensive than Precise/Equilibrium, being significantly weaker than Precise/Equilibrium, requiring GWD2 reputation, dictating how you're allowed to switch weapon/offhand (must equip Aftershock item first or lose Aftershock stacks), and giving you the weaker perk on your mainhand (as opposed to having Precise 5 on mainhand while you have a shield equipped). I cannot wait for the day that perk dies.

Yeah I read that post and even though like Revenge the Minimum Hit remains unchanged, I still think Lunging is better since AS3 is such a hassle to maintain DPS wise for perks with all the switching!
@HyunAOP

23-Aug-2016 01:37:26

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The problem with lunge is bleeds can only be used every 9 abilities. This means 19.5% more damage ends up being just over 2% more damage. That is worse than precise and aftershock. Also, if you add berserk to that and how bleeds are unaffected by it, it's even worse than 2%. Hi

23-Aug-2016 04:25:44

HyunA

HyunA

Lathow said :
The problem with lunge is bleeds can only be used every 9 abilities. This means 19.5% more damage ends up being just over 2% more damage. That is worse than precise and aftershock. Also, if you add berserk to that and how bleeds are unaffected by it, it's even worse than 2%.

My gripe with aftershock is usually the timing of when it procs and using an as1+pf wep swap which alot of people use to reset/stall the aftershock proc?
@HyunAOP

23-Aug-2016 11:16:05

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top