Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Numeral

Numeral

Posts: 521 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I tried getting aftershock + planted feet on my sunspear in one gizmo with 2x Ilujankan and 2x Cywir components.

http://puu.sh/pS19i/5d755868ee.png

I only got aftershock 1 with that formation, so maybe not putting anything in the middle isn't a good idea?

I kind of salvaged it by getting planted feet by itself with my remaining 2x Cywir components and just put those 2 gizmos on my sunspear. I lose out on the second slot doing it this way but I didn't have anything planned and I didn't want to spend any more cash on a perk that could get "fixed" anytime.

06-Jul-2016 09:48:46

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From doing some tests moving components around to see how different perks move up and down the list: There is a slight effect based on where you put the components.

The strongest to weakest locations match the order in which perks naturally are placed in the gizmo when single clicking the components. Center being the first and most strong location to have any component.

IIRC: center, left, top, right, bottom; strongest to weakest.

====

This tells me you should always put the better components in first, and the weaker ones later. But yes, I think you should have put one of your Cywir components in the center, and the others in the left/right/top positions. (better yet, just click Cywir 2x then Ilujankan 2x)
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

06-Jul-2016 14:26:43

Evil Lucario
Jul Member 2012

Evil Lucario

Posts: 8,116 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Veggie said :
Evil Lucario said :
Personally, there's no room for Reflexes for my Melee/Magic gear because I put Shield Bashing 3 + Hoarding on my Torva (for high enrage Araxxor and now Telos) and Turtling 3 + Venomblood on my Virtus (for Greg, Vorago, and Raids).

Clear Headed 2 + Reflexes are on my Pernix when I do go Vorago DPS for adrenaline stalling only since I don't really range Araxxor.

What do you have paired with Crackling (or do you even use Crackling)? Reflexes seemed like the best, and very cheap, option.

Reflexes is bad for tanking because Anticipation is actually pretty decent damage reduction when you got nothing else available.

Right now I only have Dragon Slayer on my Virtus because I literally could not think of anything else worthwhile, but if you got the money + RNG to spare, Crackling 3 + Hoarding is great for Magic sets while Turtling 3 + Venomblood covers antipoison stuff.

For Melee I'd put Crackling 3 + Venomblood and have the fourth gizmo Shield Bashing 3 + Hoarding.
Twitter @EvilLucario
| Owner of Boss School (HLF Link) | Teaching High-leveled PvM!

06-Jul-2016 15:49:08

Santa Ends
Jul Member 2023

Santa Ends

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm having a bit of a problem trying to perk my armour right for raid base tanking. I can't base for nuts when Penace is on cooldown and I have no choice but to switch Arcane for Merciless. Currently have Seasingers top and bottoms with the following perk, any advice would be helpful.

Top: Turtling 3, 5 Evasive
Absorbative 2 Venomblood, 3 Fungal Healthy Evasive

Bottoms: Devoted 2, 5 Bandos
????

Should I put Bulwark 3, Invigorating3+Brief Respite2 or Lucky 5 for the last slot? Replace Devoted 2 with Devoted 3 or Impatient 3+ Devoted 2? Or is there another perk I should have used? I just started basing 2 weeks ago, the main focus is to just stay alive and ignore my already crappy dps.
Questing Clan of Runescape , T7 Citadel, capping not compulsory. Free cabbage.

06-Jul-2016 20:24:32 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2016 20:25:06 by Santa Ends

Santa Ends
Jul Member 2023

Santa Ends

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chuds said :
Whats best for perk for defenders then, put presice 5 in atm not sure if should put an armour one in tho?

I don't own an augmented defender, but I reckon that's pretty awesome because Precise 5 will affect mainhand as well. Turtling is pretty useless because the barricade timer of defenders are already very low compared to shields. Preparation isn't that good as Resonance heals less with defender. Bulwark is good for taking less damage using Debilitate but since you're using a Defender your priority is probably mad dps, also it's an armour perk too if you ever want to use it.
Questing Clan of Runescape , T7 Citadel, capping not compulsory. Free cabbage.

06-Jul-2016 20:31:39

Sotox
Dec Member 2022

Sotox

Posts: 3,038 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would use Bulwark - you can replace Absorbative 2 with abs2 invig3 (3 zam, 2 zaros) or at least abs 3, which is pretty common with 5 fungal components. Lucky 5 does steal your resonance heals, which is the reason people don't use it.

06-Jul-2016 20:42:27

Numeral

Numeral

Posts: 521 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Santa Ends said :
Numeral said :
I tried getting aftershock + planted feet on my sunspear in one gizmo with 2x Ilujankan and 2x Cywir components.

Thats a painful 8m + 2 hours of mistake.. ouch. Been delaying getting one of either perks. Is it a lot cheaper if you use augmented refined anima core legs compared to weapons?

I think refined anima is still cheaper but with siliskean essences being ~5m+ it's a bit pricey now and only a bit cheaper than dismantling weapons.

07-Jul-2016 06:51:17

Lord Nerevar

Lord Nerevar

Posts: 4,558 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks everyone for the help earlier with getting Biting 2/Venomblood. Needed significantly fewer healthy components with that recipe.

For Fishvention, WCvention, and eventually Miningvention is the Furnace perk worth getting if we have superheat form and the tiger shark suit? I know it doesn't work with crystallized resources and I'll be eating/burning what I gather at Seren stones, Jadinko Vines, and Barbarian fishing. This leaves waterfall urchins and (crystal) sandstone as the only resources I would keep for these skills, and I'd rather not consume any sandstone.

07-Jul-2016 07:28:17

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top