Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
when I noticed this was bumped I checked in to see if anyone had started listing tool perks they liked, and I remain curious to know if "rapid" is any good. I put honed 5, glow worm, hallucinate on fish rod o matic and never looked back, but... rapid still sounds good.

I spent obscene amount of money to try some Impatient 3 combos and failed all attempts.

I reworked my dps gear to feather 3x slayer and venomblood into tier 2 instead of tier 3 perks... except for crackling. crackling 3 I got with dragon slayer easy enough. I have one weapon gizmo with shield bash 3 and hoarding that I threw to an attuned crystal halberd not realizing it was so rare, and now cant seem to get shield bash 3 in any other way. I think its non-intuitive that I would move venomblood away from shield bash, but it was a lot less zaros components wasted for impatient 2 + something. I was able to duplicate this set up for torva, pernix, and virtus and by end of it I wanna say that I had reduced cost of it to about 10m per set. No I still don't use precision or equilibrium, and I always have said it'd show higher dps over time, but its not gonna be fastest kill or as dynamic, so please spare me advice I clearly do not want. Think "what if using void?" and then stop.

oh yeah and I am real proud of myself for noticing year+ later that we're allowed to augment excalibur and perking it up with glow worm so that I'm never walking back to bank to get a lantern. I have tried a whole bunch of times to combo glow worm with mobile, and wow thats a pain. just aint happening.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

26-Jul-2017 13:35:50

DramaticHobo
Nov Member 2011

DramaticHobo

Posts: 805 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I spent at least 50m on trying to combo impatient with crystal shield before giving up. Tested 4 zaros, 4 zammy, 2 zaros/2 zam in different configurations... moved the odd component around and got some wildly different results. Lots of imp 2s, devo 2s or enh devo 2s. Occasionally got the 'X' perk I wanted to show up, but never with imp 3.

With aftershock combos, I believe its a 70-90% chance to roll rank 3 with 4 components, then a ~10% chance to get it with a 2nd perk. Rough estimates due to limited data. Personally I was able to obtain Aftershock 3 + Undead Slayer on my 4th or 5th attempt.
[https://puu.sh/wU2L7.jpg]

Also, I swear I have Mobile + Glow Worm as the 2nd gizmo on my sunspear. I will have to check if I wrote down the materials for it.

EDIT: 1 subtle + 1 dext + 2 clear + 1 light = mobile + glow worm (uncommon)

26-Jul-2017 15:52:54 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2017 02:03:51 by DramaticHobo

DramaticHobo
Nov Member 2011

DramaticHobo

Rapid perk has a chance to perform skilling actions 1 tick faster. This translates to a speed boost of ~5.2% for smithing and ~2.6% for firemaking at rank 3. I don't think it works for mining, woodcutting or fishing tools.

26-Jul-2017 16:00:14

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I did some math the other day and while rapid 2 is great and you have no reason not to get it, rapid 3 is not worth it at all unless you have spare components and nothing to do.

The difference between 2 and 3 is so small that you save less than 10 hours worth of smithing and 5 hours worth of firemaking (not that you'd want to use it over pyro/tinker) going from level 1 to 200m.

Not only that's underwhelming but the perk is so rare you're looking into at least, say, 20 hours of breaking for components if trying with uncommons (enhancing), or at least a few million dg tokens (chaotics), or maybe 100m+ gp (82 weapons) if trying with rares (shifting).

It's really disappointing, in the case of firemaking I would even consider skipping ranks 1-2 due to limited gizmo slots and effort to pair with pyromaniac, and for smithing forget about rank 3.
Hi

27-Jul-2017 05:47:12

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
muchas gracias for sparing me the rapid test!

I think most of y'all can guess my recipes, but the hardest one was 4 avernic + 1 subtle (in bottom slot), and then had to try a bunch of times w/ 3 fungal + 1 dextrous + 1 clear for demon slayer (but gano boots and junk longswords x3 were way cheaper than disassembling third age for ancient components).

impatient 3 stopped making me crazy when I realized it doesnt work 100% of the time. downgrading from 80 to 50% chance to get more adrenaline is barely noticeable.

aha! two clear! mobile + glow worm excalibur comin right up.

and no manip or w/e but because I had 1800 crystal fruit I just got to end of making and selling a whole bunch of crystal tool siphons that went through the roof while I was sellin 'em. they started at 750 ish and finished at way over 1m ea. so if any of y'all find it relevant... work yer crystal fruit pile down one of those times between tasks when yer bank standing. not sayin its x gp an hr worth it, but its better than nothin if you already have a boat load of imbued and clear parts.

+ I had delayed reaction to lotd teleports. omg its right to a workbench! woot.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

27-Jul-2017 14:39:21

DramaticHobo
Nov Member 2011

DramaticHobo

Honestly rapid 3 didn't feel that rare when I tried to get it for smithing... about as rare as turtling 3 or maybe somewhat rarer with enhancing comps. Then again I'm the type of person who rushed to get scav 3 as soon as possible and ended up sitting on thousands of uncommons by the time they got to 120/200m inv. Not everyone has that luxury.

I agree that tinker and pyromaniac should take priority over it for firemaking if you're low on time/resources. But of course, I went the batshit insane route and comboed all three of them to prove it was possible.

Seriously OP tinderbox:
https://puu.sh/wUucG.jpg

J R Kerr said :
+ I had delayed reaction to lotd teleports. omg its right to a workbench! woot.
It is??? What a great tip!

27-Jul-2017 15:31:27 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2017 15:36:50 by DramaticHobo

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm at like 300 attempts with uncommons, and I think someone reset their dg ring and also used 4m tokens for chaotics and didn't get it, so yeah I feel like it's quite rare lol. You're probably looking into 1/500-1000 with uncommons and 1/50-100 with rares, but then again I don't know, just guessing. Hi

30-Jul-2017 04:55:19

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top