Forums

Perks (Details)

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641

Oinks

Oinks

Posts: 1,522 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kakamile said :

sounds big right?
but it's a bleed, and bleeds dont gain from dmg multipliers.

berserk, turmoil/malev, vulnerability will make the other basics hit higher.

so you're paying for a perk that you ONLY USE 2X A MINUTE outside of berserk for a less than 60% dmg increase on a basic. you won't be getting mad gains over the long run.

Vulnerability is not a buff to the player, but a debuff to the opponent. It does increase dismember, and everything else too for that matter. And the 209.6% already takes into account the lack of prayers. From what you have described dismember now does more than the corruption basics if you are only interested in damage to a primary target. I am now inspired to give it a shot.

22-Feb-2017 10:08:59

Kakamile

Kakamile

Posts: 10,839 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oinks said :
Vulnerability is not a buff to the player, but a debuff to the opponent. It does increase dismember, and everything else too for that matter. And the 209.6% already takes into account the lack of prayers. From what you have described dismember now does more than the corruption basics if you are only interested in damage to a primary target. I am now inspired to give it a shot.

Ah, you're right on vuln.

Corruption basics you do in ult because mage/range doesn't have so many up-to-188 abilities, so if you ignored the corruption bleed your rotation would be trash. Melee has more freedom to hit higher so you have other options inside berserk.

22-Feb-2017 17:52:19

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
dude. I dont want to change yer mind about what you use, but I also don't know what to do if yer writing two times a minute all caps. its every 15 seconds, so kinda being used continuously for 32 of every 60 seconds, if you leave it first in revo while grinding and with str cape perk giving you those 2 extra seconds... I'm really liking it. I'm camped all threshholds for my grind and not touching berserk cause it slows down the kills between where I would still need to race whatever enemy spec they got like automaton ground thump, or celestial dragon time stop which isn't hard, but I'm trying to pick stuff you kinda know. stuff we get bored with and dont do perfect every time, but still need multiple fast kills. too many of the rs enemies whomp melee too, so I am kinda talking about using melee where I should really be maging/ranging... and not at like a raid or something where the rest of the team kinda has to pay for my xp predilections.

and yeah str cape perk makes dismember kinda competitive with corruptions.

the 40% thing I mean is that I get 400s about 40% of the time pvm, and the other 60% of the time is where you see it working from 600s to 1000s.

possibly lunge's best thing is its discount if you try to do 4 avernic + 1 subtle (or whatever 1 comp perk) and I failed to get that, dont know if its actually possible, but... or rather... hence... I put it to your peanut gallery.

gimme benefit of the doubt if I seem too contesty. I g2g and not have time to make shorter.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

22-Feb-2017 23:12:31

DramaticHobo
Nov Member 2011

DramaticHobo

Posts: 805 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tell you what, I'll try to get an attuned crystal halberd and put it on that to test when I have time. Will also experiment with perk combos using 4 Avernic + something like you mentioned. I've had 22 of those components sitting unused for a while.

23-Feb-2017 02:55:02

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

right on. I meant to say more clearly I am making a
crowd source plea
and its not because I'm welfaring but because of the buy limit. ugh. I wouldnt mind burning up more fury blades but you can only buy 2 ea ea 4 hrs, so it'd be nice if someone was like "hey yeah you can" and it'd be true, in theory, that either lunge or af3 still let you have the one other good perk, and I could cut through the "af3 so l33t lunge suxor" cause like... sure I grant af3 vs 100% telos with his minions on scythe hard to beat, but... no way is af3 doin me any favours racing kalgerion demons to the grab (or w/e other enraged move) cause its not gonna hit each one (they dont last 30 sec or 50k dmg ea).

showing dismember at
for possible 32 of ea 60 seconds

accuracy 4403

lunge 3 biting 3 @ item lv 20 w/ 1m xp
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

23-Feb-2017 03:17:49 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2017 03:30:27 by J R Kerr

DramaticHobo
Nov Member 2011

DramaticHobo

Posts: 805 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright J R Kerr, this is all for you!

Out of 5 attempts with 4 avernic + 1 dextrous, I got:

2x lunging 3
2x lunging 3 + dragon bait
1x dragon bait (trololololo)

So that didn't quite work out. But I've seen people get aftershock 3 with a second perk like mobile or dragon slayer, so in theory lunging combos SHOULD be possible. (Speculation: it seemed like I got better results when I put the odd component in last, rather than the middle. Not enough trials to be sure yet.)

Honestly, if lunging suits your play style better then by all means, keep using it and screw what anyone else thinks. There are many perks that can find good uses in the right hands or ideal situations. And if we're talking about... let's say a ~1% difference in raw dps, that's practically negligible. Perhaps on its own it wasn't that great, but the str cape perk narrows the gap enough for it to be (at least) worth considering IMO. So once again, go with whatever feels best for you personally. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Also forgot the other advantage that you can control when it happens, so there's no chance for it to accidentally kill you on reflects, mess up phase transitions, etc...

27-Feb-2017 13:30:45 - Last edited on 27-Feb-2017 13:38:57 by DramaticHobo

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

thanks for the feedback. I tried a dozen or so times* and didnt even get bait. I might start trying for an improvement to my gizmo soon again, but stopped to buy some of them praesul codexes which help a whole bunch (and the one daily challenge on kalgerions too).

4 avernic + 1 undead = just lunge 3 everytime
4 avernic + 1 phoenix feather = lunge 2 or 3, but never w/ glowworm

yeah my par/goal is >88k dmg a minute across >4 targets so I have to adjust a lot of this, but yeah totally agree that mobile is the most useful perk.

to pick something more people know about... imagine trying to melee 3 kalgerion demons at 33k hp ea a minute, with melee 5 or so affinity pts less than mage, but trying to melee anyway. berserk isn't a bad idea, per se, on any one of them, but leaves you adrenaline challenged for the next.

28-Feb-2017 20:04:43 - Last edited on 28-Feb-2017 20:08:12 by J R Kerr

Wake
Oct Member 2008

Wake

Posts: 10,921 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
kaka, give me that doc again with the values of precise and equilibrium combos together showing the differences between them in terms of dps. I think you said even pr3/eq2 is still slightly better than just pr5 alone
8th Prestige Vindicta Kills

04-Mar-2017 05:18:28

Quick find code: 259-260-440-65763641 Back to Top