Forums

po farm change feedback

Quick find code: 259-260-161-66112778

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love my farm. I have 4 royals, 4 magic zygo, 4 gold chins. Just how I want it.

I
do not care
about the xp nerf. Maybe I have got too much farm xp, but that aint why I been doing my farm the way I do.

Y'all need to not nerf the reproduction rates. I aint done the EIEIO thing yet cause I have real bad arachnophobia, and I dread having spiders at all. You can laugh. Its one of them things like elephants bein afraid of mice. I am big ogre texan, and its silly that I dislike spiders so much, I guess, and I -do- know the the british and muslims dont kill spiders. Yay for you. I been tryin not to kill spiders in windowsills lately, but...

So yeah. Please do not change the rates at which animals procreate in pens. We need that. We need the pof currency bean intake to stay as high as it is, so they we can buy dice to reroll traits, and get from start to shiny and done to clear the pens of animals like spiders that we are being forced to do.

repeat: I hate spiders. I dread EIEIO. please dont make that harder.

now maybe yall meant new animals or change to EIEIO or something like that so its have 2 elder shiny per pen instead of making me have spiders. maybe. maybe thats what yall meant. but everything in the news announcement sounds like crap to me. all of that, except xp nerf idc about, sounds bad.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

26-Jul-2019 19:49:25

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
also... cause it seems like worthwhile irony that lends weight to the sincerity of my feedback... spider jerusalem is based on me, and I have a huge spider thing tattooed on my arm, but warren ellis really didnt understand me. I dont drink, and I hate spiders. Its a totem to ward them off.

I wear cut off jean shorts (and I know the english laugh about jorts) but I grew up in florida where its normal. I wear corcoran jump boots not english ammo boots. I am why spider is american. I was workin as a grip when warren met me, and I do chain smoke and have wicked big lens sunglasses.

yer killin me man. dont make farm spiders hurt more. I woulda done it already, and I will try to scoot through it next week, but... omg I dont want to.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

26-Jul-2019 19:55:05

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,163 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think a couple of those nerfs are adequate - that includes both non-breeding pen breeding (but maybe not both the chance and the time), the xp nerf and xp based on stats of the animals. That they're going to nerf breeding pen breeding will bring the farm down to a state that's worse than it was when it was released.

That they're brainlessly nerfing all animals all over to board by the same modifier is certainly a minus as well - especially considering that low tier creatures hardly are OP.

Seemingly they already are planning to adjust the changes a bit though and we'll see those changed plans at some point next week.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

27-Jul-2019 07:07:24

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,096 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have finished all pof achievements but I carried on because I like it. If all the changes they proposed are introduced I will bank my animals and never farm them again.
I'd be happy to see xp reduced and breeding rate reduced
slightly
but leave the food use as it is .However I think increasing the cost of magic beans would be a good idea.

27-Jul-2019 09:31:25

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,398 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The proposed nerfs will instantly turn the POF into dead content - if it can't compete with regular farming, people won't do it.

The dramatic increase in food requirements will make this yet another piece of content where you need to be rich to make it worthwhile. Lame.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

27-Jul-2019 11:04:31

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
The proposed nerfs will instantly turn the POF into dead content - if it can't compete with regular farming, people won't do it.

POF turned regular farming into dead content, it deserves a heavy nerf.

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•