po farm change feedback

Quick find code: 259-260-161-66112778

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Houston

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Canada

okay so to my eyes Houston is 40% a rainbow, and Canada is 13% rainbow.
thats more than I thought to be honest, but take note of this...

ireland is only like 3% rainbow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Republic_of_Ireland

and that does mean that any sane reader has to filter what they read from those places. like... the bram stoker novel dracula is shockingly antisemitic and a criticism of PM d'israeli at the time which he wrote at trinity college in dublin before it was desegregated. so... if readin dracula you do need to know what he was up to if you want to make less of a leni reifenstahl propaganda piece for adolf. I mean... we have agency. We can change the meaning of things, but... that dont mean erasing history.

animal breeding is sooooooo much more political than you can even imagine. I wanted to pm you details about this word you keep using, and it doesnt mean what you think it means, but I cant tell you here. The citation for it though is the animal cruelty act of... hunh... I thought it was the 1832 act and I only have citation for 1835. anyways...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruelty_to_Animals_Act_1835

like... our farms have bulls and there is beef. this game has bulldogs.
bull baiting dogs would enrage bulls lashed to bull baiting stones which are still tourist destinations in the UK, but the practice was outlawed for being cruel.

see? policy. policies are mutable.

everything about raising animals is political. you got no idea dude.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

29-Jul-2019 17:46:00

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

other fun thing in this game people ought to think about and never do.
the sushi. that maki and whatever the other thing is.

strange but true: japan had criminalized meat for decades before WWII.
we MADE them start servin meat again because we had irish and italian american racketeering gangsters in the service looking to make a buck, and they FORCED the japanese to do meats again during a ten year occupation.

a lot of the internet's "oh japan why you so crazy" stuff is ironic in its sinophobia because most of what it targets is stuff that round eyes like us made them do.

for real.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumptuary_law

see? consume. consumption. sumptuary law. japan outlawed meat.
sushi is actually our fault.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

29-Jul-2019 17:50:53

Cb555
Apr Member 2011

Cb555

Posts: 3,544 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Experience from Player Owned Farms is now modified by the health and happiness of the animal on checking, ranging from 10% to 70% of the original value, based on how well cared for the animal is." - seems fair enough
"Breeding in non-breeding pens is 5 times less likely to succeed and 5 times slower, the current breeding rate remains the same in the breeding pen." - double nerf is definitely overkill, the 5 times less likely means drastically lower chances which will impact the probability skew as well so this will result in more then 25x slower breeding - which in turn means 25x less new animals in pens and 25x less xp on top of the above nerf - more than a little excessive!

"Food rate has been modified, so small animals each need 1 food every 18 minutes, medium animals need 3 food every 36 minutes and large animals each 6 food every 54 minutes."
I'm not sure what it is currently, wiki says 1 every 2 hours but I feel my food drains way faster than that already. Combined with breeding rate nerfs and the already expensive zygo food this could be utterly crippling to running the farm though. The scaling per size is a nice idea, but the general drastically increased amount of food is a no-go - the drain is plenty high enough already. Small being 1 per 2hours, medium 3 per 4 hours and large 6 per 6 hours would keep the ideal scaling without drastically increasing food costs to unmanageable levels (though it would still increase them - 100% for large pens and 50% more for medium). It wouldn't hurt to shift it a bit more to say 1 per 3hr, 3 per 6hrs, 6 per 9hrs either really - less food for small, more food for large this way. Medium unaffected.

"Trait hereditary nature has been increased. It is now easier to breed traits into animals born on the Player Owned Farm." - this has ups and downs, but mostly allows a more methodical approach, so no complaints.
"Shiny boosting traits have all been doubled in effectiveness." - can't really complain about this, clearly a buff.

29-Jul-2019 18:09:18

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

yeah cb has it. but that cut down on breed rates in not the breeding pen means I dont see how I have 6 drag, 8 zygo, and 12 chin for buyers to cap my bean intake which I -do- want going for the eieio part of the log.

shiny chances goin up... I'd still want to roll radiant to get rid of the animals I dont want asap.

29-Jul-2019 22:29:11

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

cause the part that REALLY REALLY REALLY aint fair AGAIN is that like...

theyre all "oh hey now profound will do somethin so be sure to put on yer stand" after months I been dropping cw tickets cause we had no money pouch or bank space for bad armour.

so yeah. month or two back I stop and rip thru like 400,000 beans I realized would be worth like 200m or so. I didnt think I would have to do eieio or ever have animals I dont want of a lower tier with perks I can never use. I figured that if ever... I could just do way way later.

cause the news like "hey were gonna" just seems like market manip for DXP, and/or they release a lot sooner than changes after beta testing. it seems like they really want to.

not okay. that much change should be like... we get six months notice or somethin.

I mean... elder drags take a week. whole week to turn elder and activate their totems. that adds up. I like it, but... wow. one fifth of six dragons to sell the raptor and theyre like "la la la maybe theyll like it."

NOPE.

29-Jul-2019 22:58:30

Weyburns
Nov Member 2021

Weyburns

Posts: 4,823 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J R Kerr said :
cause the part that REALLY REALLY REALLY aint fair AGAIN is that like...

theyre all "oh hey now profound will do somethin so be sure to put on yer stand" after months I been dropping cw tickets cause we had no money pouch or bank space for bad armour.

so yeah. month or two back I stop and rip thru like 400,000 beans I realized would be worth like 200m or so. I didnt think I would have to do eieio or ever have animals I dont want of a lower tier with perks I can never use. I figured that if ever... I could just do way way later.

cause the news like "hey were gonna" just seems like market manip for DXP, and/or they release a lot sooner than changes after beta testing. it seems like they really want to.

not okay. that much change should be like... we get six months notice or somethin.

I mean... elder drags take a week. whole week to turn elder and activate their totems. that adds up. I like it, but... wow. one fifth of six dragons to sell the raptor and theyre like "la la la maybe theyll like it."

NOPE.

Maybe don't do stupid shit and blame jagex for it?
Hardcore Ironman
|
Ironman Discussion

@WeyburnRS
|
Draconic Fury

30-Jul-2019 00:15:05

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

well... I know wey wey doesnt farm, and he usually wants to "take my ball and go home" to solo leather man mode, but I can always try explaining things to canadians again. Farming is this thing we can do together, and w2 is usually busy with animal trades. Lots of players. Lots of trades.

jagex news says theyre cutting that way down. fewer animals. fewer trades. fewer players.

now I know that you like putting the A in GLBTQA with your childless whining and solo modes, so I dont want to make you shriek you been threated again, but all canadians do that, and its just one of those speedbumps on the way to your free lesson.

all of us are having our gameplay mode threatened. I am just articulating it here. Thats a thing I do sometimes. Speak up for people who cant get to HLF.

30-Jul-2019 17:10:02

Quick find code: 259-260-161-66112778 Back to Top