Forums

Discuss: February 27th Updates Thread is locked

Quick find code: 259-260-128-65886385

Mod Lee

Mod Lee

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hello everyone! Here is the official Post-Update Discussion and Feedback thread. Now that you've had a suitable amount of time to complete the quest - I want your feedback!

If you have any; comments about the quest, any feedback you'd like to give, problems resulting from the update, or any concerns - feel free to post them here! Let me know what you thought about today's update.

Shortlist of today's updates:

- Back to the Freezer (Secret Penguin Quest!)

Also, here are the Patch Notes from this week: 15-16-418-65886033

Every week I'll be posting one of these threads (post-update) to gather your feedback. If there's any legitimate concerns or feedback I'll relay them to the right people within the right field at Jagex so that your voice can be heard! So every Monday, look out for this official thread.

Hope to hear from everyone! :)

28-Feb-2017 07:43:25

Leta
Jan
fmod Member

Leta

Forum Moderator Posts: 25,401 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Patch notes > all things.

"A variety of lucky items from Treasure Hunter can now be stored with Diango. Please note that dying and not protecting the items will still permanently lose the item."

This is nice.

Thanks for the thread, Lee.
RSC - Gone, but never forgotten.

28-Feb-2017 07:47:40

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,398 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I enjoyed the quest, but the ending seemed a little, I dunno... rushed? Some more details of just how we sabotaged things would have been good.

All the Doctor Who, Back to the Future and song lyric references made me chuckle, which was good :)

A lot of people are complaining about the quest puzzle, which surprises me because there was a very good, explanatory 'help' text available - but since so many people clearly didn't see it, perhaps things like this need to be made more prominent in future?

Storing luck items with Diango = win. Anything that saves bank space is good.

Lathow said :
I wonder what happened to buzz, was there a way to save him?

#freebuzz !!
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

28-Feb-2017 08:19:30

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,096 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I enjoyed the quest but, like Archaeox said, the end felt rushed. I loved the puns and the references to "Back to the future" and "Dr Who" and I'm sure there were others I wasn't aware of.

Sreyas said :
Yeah, and what about Ping and Pong? We need more post-quest fun stuff

I agree. I felt a bit bad about not being able to free Ping and Pong or release Buzz, especially as I'd told them I would see what I could do.

28-Feb-2017 09:19:29

Big Storms

Big Storms

Posts: 3,932 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really enjoyed the quest, just two points of feedback:

1. The initial gathering within the quest gives the false impression everything can be gathered within the quest itself. Later however you need to venture to Draynor manor and a slayer master for two of the needed items for the TARDIS. I know one should not handhold too much, but perhaps it is nice to have a line of text in the quest log hinting that some items have to be gathered outside of the penguin base.

2. The final mastermind puzzle was mainly confusing for me due to the colouring: grey colours indicating the correct energy being in the right spot is counterintuitive (I thought white indicated the correct energies in the right spot instead). Solution: change the grey colour to green (a far more universal and intuitive indication that something is correct).

And just a very minor point: the interface of the mastermind puzzle. A lot of the right part of the interface is just empty space, so why not slim it down a bit? (this is me nitpicking =p)

Anyways that is all the feedback I got for a fun quest =)
"One should not mindlessly follow gods or the godless:
follow
your
own
path
"
~Big Storms

28-Feb-2017 10:21:28

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,398 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Big Storms said :
I know one should not handhold too much, but perhaps it is nice to have a line of text in the quest log hinting that some items have to be gathered outside of the penguin base.

When you're asked to collect stuff for Elon, he does actually say that you might have to go among the humans to get things.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

28-Feb-2017 14:53:16

Quick find code: 259-260-128-65886385 Back to Top