Forums

Discuss: February 27th Updates Thread is locked

Quick find code: 259-260-128-65886385

Mod Lee

Mod Lee

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Jakeup07 said :
I've already done the quest but 1 thing that I noticed was that the white and gray boxes were very hard to tell apart when trying to figure out the correct sequence. Maybe this could be changed to either gray or white and some other color so it's easier to tell the difference because I'm assuming others are having the same problem.

Yeah someone else brought this up as well. Green/Red would do a lot better or even Green and White. Just for it to be more noticeable. The gray was hard to pick up on.

28-Feb-2017 22:01:35

RemoveAlice

RemoveAlice

Posts: 6,120 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Lee said :
Archaeox said :
I enjoyed the quest, but the ending seemed a little, I dunno... rushed? Some more details of just how we sabotaged things would have been good.

All the Doctor Who, Back to the Future and song lyric references made me chuckle, which was good :)

A lot of people are complaining about the quest puzzle, which surprises me because there was a very good, explanatory 'help' text available - but since so many people clearly didn't see it, perhaps things like this need to be made more prominent in future?

Storing luck items with Diango = win. Anything that saves bank space is good.

Lathow said :
I wonder what happened to buzz, was there a way to save him?

#freebuzz !!

Yeah the puzzle confused me personally at first but then I scrolled over the 'i' for information on it and it was quite clear. Got it on my first try after I had read through that. I've never played 'Mastermind' which is what the puzzle was based off of so I wasn't sure on what to do.

I loved the Back to the Future references, didn't get any of the Dr. Who ones though sadly.

Glad you enjoyed the quest and the patches!

didnt even know there was an information option. I assumed white meant correct energy in correct spot and grey meant correct energy in wrong spot.
Had to check a guide because i couldnt understand what i was doing wrong.

28-Feb-2017 22:33:50

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Posts: 447 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I haven't done the quest, I don't have the reqs (there was a time when I'd have been embarrassed to admit that).

But I kind of have mixed feelings about this...
Original message details are unavailable.
• The level requirement has been removed from the Dungeoneering skillcape's Kal'gerion dungeon teleport.

I was unable to use that teleport but the thing is I couldn't find out why. I searched high and low within the game's skill requirements for all things dungeoneering related, yet came up empty.

I could access the dungeon and I did speculate as to why I couldn't use it, but I was never sure.

If I knew for certain there was a level req for the teleport I'd have been okay with that. I feel there was no need to remove the req if it was made clearer. I'm not actually unhappy it's changed, just that the dungeoneering skill needs more unlocks between 99 and 120 and that would have been a nice one. No biggie, just my thoughts on the matter.

This next point might seem trivial but it's something we see every time we play. It's also the first thing we see every time we log in, and that's the image of the penguins when we load up the client. I think is really nice. To me it's much more tasteful and aesthetically pleasing than the last one. Might not seem like much but I'm inclined to leave the client open when logged out, whereas prior to this I shut it immediately after logging out.

Not much more I can think of, but seeing those penguins has given me a little more motivation to get some quests done :)

01-Mar-2017 00:54:37

Transcendent

Transcendent

Posts: 35,372 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't do quests the day they are released any more usually, I wait to hear what horrible bugs players encountered to lose their items or to hear if it had a hard boss I don't want to fight since most quests are nothing but hard boss fights with no fun in them any more.

The penguin quest sounds like it might be fun, but still going to wait a while to do it.

Interestingly, I just started the Penquin quests on another account and did Cold War, not realizing the new quest would be penguin related. I might do the other penguin quests on my other account and refresh my memory of them before I do the new one on my main.
Hi.

01-Mar-2017 02:44:03 - Last edited on 01-Mar-2017 03:02:23 by Transcendent

Transcendent

Transcendent

Posts: 35,372 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Lee said :
Big Storms said :
I really enjoyed the quest, just two points of feedback:

1. The initial gathering within the quest gives the false impression everything can be gathered within the quest itself. Later however you need to venture to Draynor manor and a slayer master for two of the needed items for the TARDIS. I know one should not handhold too much, but perhaps it is nice to have a line of text in the quest log hinting that some items have to be gathered outside of the penguin base.

2. The final mastermind puzzle was mainly confusing for me due to the colouring: grey colours indicating the correct energy being in the right spot is counterintuitive (I thought white indicated the correct energies in the right spot instead). Solution: change the grey colour to green (a far more universal and intuitive indication that something is correct).

And just a very minor point: the interface of the mastermind puzzle. A lot of the right part of the interface is just empty space, so why not slim it down a bit? (this is me nitpicking =p)

Anyways that is all the feedback I got for a fun quest =)

Great feedback! Glad you enjoyed the quest.

I definitely agree that instead of white and gray, it should be green and red to be more universally noticeable. Even green and white would suffice.

Green and red would not work for players with red green colorblindness, red and green would look the same to them.
Hi.

01-Mar-2017 02:57:42

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,295 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I haven't done the quest yet, but I absolutely love the XP rewards update to weekly Penguins and weekly Circus - EPIC, this makes it grandmaster quest tier reward IMO.

I'm glad Jagex finally took action to make sure weeklies are more rewarding - several weeklies are just pathetic XP compared to dailies like Warbands, Sinkholes, Caches, etc. This quest reward helps alot in balancing that.

~Portmaster Kags :)
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

01-Mar-2017 04:12:22

I Kinda Fail

I Kinda Fail

Posts: 14,497 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The quest was fun but it had some annoyances. Not being able to teleport until we walked out of the base and exited our penguin suit, for example. I wish it was more like a greegree, where you teleport and then it pops out of your hand.

The humor was spot on, and the logic puzzle was nice, difficulty but not so difficult you need paper to figure it out. I didn't like that there was literally no penalty for getting it wrong, though. You could run around and say "Are you the spy?" to everyone until you got it work.

The ending did feel a bit rushed. I expected another segment of us actually trying to "drive" the TARDIS, similar to the submarine portion of the last penguin quest. Having to run around and do a billion things all at once. If you crash, just have the game say "You've created a time paradox! Time has rewound to fix itself!" or something.

I also got the feeling that the quest really had nothing to do with the main series. Cold War had the penguins gearing up and training for war. Red Raktuber showed the penguins building a submarine and capturing Larry. Some Like It Cold had us infiltrate a camp and find out other animal species are in on it. This one was fairly self contained, we had no update on Larry, and it had no effect on the series overall that I can tell.

It was a fun quest, but it felt like filler. Kinda like Catapault Construction or Broken Home.

The only relevance I can see it having is if the next quest takes place in the desert, or Croc is a returning character.
Click here to support my idea to make the Chronicle Absorption prayer useful!
Click here to support replacing the Lumbridge Crater!

01-Mar-2017 04:37:17

Sreyas

Sreyas

Posts: 4,083 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I Kinda Fail said :
The quest was fun but it had some annoyances. Not being able to teleport until we walked out of the base and exited our penguin suit, for example. I wish it was more like a greegree, where you teleport and then it pops out of your hand.

The humor was spot on, and the logic puzzle was nice, difficulty but not so difficult you need paper to figure it out. I didn't like that there was literally no penalty for getting it wrong, though. You could run around and say "Are you the spy?" to everyone until you got it work.

The ending did feel a bit rushed. I expected another segment of us actually trying to "drive" the TARDIS, similar to the submarine portion of the last penguin quest. Having to run around and do a billion things all at once. If you crash, just have the game say "You've created a time paradox! Time has rewound to fix itself!" or something.

I also got the feeling that the quest really had nothing to do with the main series. Cold War had the penguins gearing up and training for war. Red Raktuber showed the penguins building a submarine and capturing Larry. Some Like It Cold had us infiltrate a camp and find out other animal species are in on it. This one was fairly self contained, we had no update on Larry, and it had no effect on the series overall that I can tell.

It was a fun quest, but it felt like filler. Kinda like Catapault Construction or Broken Home.

The only relevance I can see it having is if the next quest takes place in the desert, or Croc is a returning character.

Yeah, teleporting was troublesome. Lack of penalties was disappointing too. Highlighting some parts of the quest dialogues too....really? I remember back when quests required thought. I wish we could drive the TARDIS :p I really expected to.

I guess that because it was something they did in their free time, and not really a planned game update, they decided to make something that doesn't mess with the main storyline
Experience may be the best teacher, but necessity gives you a crash course.
Grand Exchange rework | Disassembling Imp | QOL Updates | QOL updates v2

01-Mar-2017 08:08:13

used2be 2w
Mar Member 2023

used2be 2w

Posts: 4,336 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lil Indecent said :
This next point might seem trivial but it's something we see every time we play. It's also the first thing we see every time we log in, and that's the image of the penguins when we load up the client. I think is really nice. To me it's much more tasteful and aesthetically pleasing than the last one. Might not seem like much but I'm inclined to leave the client open when logged out, whereas prior to this I shut it immediately after logging out.

Not much more I can think of, but seeing those penguins has given me a little more motivation to get some quests done :)

In recent years i've hated how they've changed so often, i dont think they ever look too great. I miss the older login screens we had.
Trimmed Completionist #1233

01-Mar-2017 10:37:56 - Last edited on 01-Mar-2017 10:39:38 by used2be 2w

Quick find code: 259-260-128-65886385 Back to Top