Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

Rsplayercool

Rsplayercool

Posts: 263 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ahhhh....
Well, through nearly all this year's competitions, I haven't entered due to me not having any necessary skill. Unfortunately, I missed the sleuthing holiday event, which would've suited people such as me perfectly.
I've dreamt of a competition with some "Home-made Activities." Some of these being:
- Lookalike game features i.e. your own setup of Fishing Trawler outside of the actual activity, Lumbridge Castle guards, etc.
- Treasure hunt (Available to be rewarded by LootShare if clans are doing a hunt together).
- House quality competition
- Minimap art (That being arranging players, friends, dropped items, clan members, team members, etc.)
Now of course, there's no way new players are going to think of something creative or find a treasure unless they have some knowledge of the places in the game. That's where an off-topic idea can be found here soon.

18-Aug-2010 17:23:09

Jaekob Caed
Apr Member 2011

Jaekob Caed

Posts: 7,173 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A bunch of story competitions! I am a major writer, and I do documentation for a few different companies, so I would be good at it! (Plus, I design my own games, and making games normally takes a good imagination. ;) )
-Jake
~
Jaekob Caed
: Scribe, Scholar and Prince of the Kingdom of Heaven ~
The Jagex I once loved is dead... A THREAD

18-Aug-2010 17:38:18

The Nubface

The Nubface

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Mod,
I have an idea for a new minigame,
It features the end of the quest 'Defender of Varrock'.
This is the idea:
You team up with a few other player in a little barrack next to the castle, where you can pick 4 different classes
1. 3-40
2. 40-80
3. 80-120
4. 120+
together with 'The Hero' from the quest -to guide you, not fight-, you go into the wild to hunt down the remaining zombies,
what means that you have a series of caves where you will have to face varrying monsters to reach the final cave where you will have to slay a certain amount of zombies of different lvls - depending on the class you chose - for every cave your team succesfully completes you get points -but if one of the players dies , the game is over.
From those points things can be bought -like barbarian assault -.
Greetings The Nubface.
plz Notify me if this idea is usefull

18-Aug-2010 21:12:04

Kile Croc

Kile Croc

Posts: 714 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had an idea for a competition, like just a regular gallery competition, everything you make is your own work, you can use anything to create it, but you cannot make a picture using two separate things, such as photoshop plus hand-drawing. It can have any theme. You can submit as many pictures as you want. Nothing is required in the image, just your own work and some artistic potential. (You can't submit artwork you've already submitted.)
Also, another idea was a machinima RSMV. The music does not have to be your own, but the video does. You can't submit a video you already created. You have to have "RSMV Machinima Competition" in the name or title. This, i think, would be really fun. :)

18-Aug-2010 22:21:19 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2010 22:26:26 by Kile Croc

MasterOfMind

MasterOfMind

Posts: 641 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No doubt its already been mentioned, but I think a geat contest would be a create your own quest. Either the player (The person who came up with the idea, I don't really know what to call them) invents the whole thing, detailing what type of animations play when and what each person says etc. or they just come up with the initial idea, I don't know.
A story competetion would be good too.

18-Aug-2010 22:39:16

Eagles Pride

Eagles Pride

Posts: 876 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Couldn't care less, as long as you stop mixing IRL and the game. No one entering competitions should be given IRL prizes that give in-game advantage.
Free memberships are both mixing IRL with game, and also giving in-game advantage.
Give 'em a mug from your store as a prize, and see how many bother to enter...

18-Aug-2010 22:55:14

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top