Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

Parodyse

Parodyse

Posts: 86 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah I agree with the Music Competition idea. Quoting a post of mine:
"Anyway, I was thinking that it would be cool if we could have some sort of music competition where people either remix or create songs that fit RuneScape. People could use programs or record with real instruments. Maybe if there was a specific file format needed (like MIDIs) the winning song could even be added to the RS Music library."

19-Aug-2010 01:23:41

Kaesus

Kaesus

Posts: 33 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@pythoness
um, there have been so many people who have suggested that, you have no idea. from what I have heard (this may have changed recently, but i doubt that) the game engine can not do mounts. all my friends have been wanting this and I kind of do too, but last time i checked, it cannot be done. lots of people were hoping for this when jagex hinted about the new skill (dungeoneering)
edit: i agree with shyguy and any1 else who suggested a quest writing competition because i have been thinking of a few quests myself

19-Aug-2010 01:42:14 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2010 01:47:44 by Kaesus

Pythoness 4

Pythoness 4

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That really sucks. Maybe if they removed some things from the engine, they could design like one horse or something. It would be so simple. But it's fine, my ideas never get done. I also came up with the Hide N Seek idea way before this thread took off. I posted a thing in the Clan section inviting people to join my clan to organize a huge Hide N Seek game.

19-Aug-2010 01:51:30

July22

July22

Posts: 364 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was thinking, maybe members and non-members could take part in a Fair ( or Festival )!
This could be in-game, and could be called The RuneScape Fair/Festival.
Skills should NOT affect you/give you any sort of advantages( to be fair ).
This could be all skill( out of game ) and luck!
When you enter the Fair/Festival, you will be given a ticket and it will have a number. JaGex could then select a random number(s), and the player(s) could recive some sort of incentive.
The incentive could be membership or/and an exclusive item(s), and maybe a nice poem from the Content Team :P .
There could be games/rides, all with a chance at getting picked for an incentive.

OR

You could make a scavenger hunt!
It could be like doing a clue scroll, except no fighting.
You could solve riddles or be sent to an NPC to give you a location to look for the next clue. Deciphering could also be included in the form of a rather strange sentence,
EXAMPLE: GOt SOmething in yoUr THumb? ( Go South )
At the end of the scavenger hunt, you will be given a ticket and/or a reward.

Sorry if this already exists/happend, or someone already suggested it.
Just a few idea's, I'll try to think of more,

(¯`•._)(§ãÐ /¥\£)(_.•´¯)

19-Aug-2010 02:23:25

Papero
Oct Member 2023

Papero

Posts: 565 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A podcast competition. Runescape podcasts each create an episode that includes anything related to Runescape, then the players vote for which episode they enjoyed the most.
A giant gnomeball competition. There are 16 teams, each team representing a city or village from Runescape (Varrock, Draynor, Canifis, Relleka, Lletya, etc.) The players dress up in clothing and armour that represent their team. The first round, two teams play a game of gnomeball against each other, so there will be 8 games in the first round. The 8 winners then move on to the second round, where 4 games are played. Then so on until the fourth round, where two teams will remain and compete against each other. The overall winning team is declared the champion of Gnomeball.

19-Aug-2010 02:35:10 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2010 02:44:15 by Papero

Mag1c man

Mag1c man

Posts: 31 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really actually enjoy the idea of having a concept contest. I have been reading through the ideas so far, and i have enjoyed many. But one i can really see going somewhere is a concept contest.
Not only will it give the players a great way to get active into what is being implemented into runescape, it also gives some of us less artistic players to enter into a competition.
Concepts for new weapons, armor, and items can be a great way to see what players want to see more of!
Thanks for reading!
~~Warped22~~

19-Aug-2010 03:21:02

The contents of this message have been hidden.

19-Aug-2010 04:58:34

Lawyered
Jun Member 2021

Lawyered

Posts: 515 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, I am explosions58 and i am going to tell you my idea! maybe ideas...
1)Random event competition.( Players show how good they are at Random events).
2) PKing competition.(players show how much blood they can drain from peoples bodies....)
Thankyou for viewing =D
For the law is only just in the minds of those who hold the power to create it. Let us strive to change it, to be just in the eyes of all.

19-Aug-2010 09:42:59 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2010 09:43:22 by Lawyered

The contents of this message have been hidden.

19-Aug-2010 13:47:46

Manofar
Dec Member 2019

Manofar

Posts: 235 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hiya everyone, i was thinking of a funny april fools joke. for a day just drop the corperal beast tokz-til-jad (however you spell him) and some other bosses onto the Grand Exchange on world two. Everyone would try to kill the bosses but they would end up dying but if they died just put them in lumbridge with all there items and items that can be degraded don't let them get degraded and in the chat box have a sentence that says "April Fools! -from jagex."
-manofar

19-Aug-2010 15:59:36

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top