Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

Maat

Maat

Forum Moderator Posts: 4,332 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A competition I would definitely take part into is a soundtrack producing competition. :) It could be used to let players compose a new area, a new minigame, or even a new boss fight soundtrack!

~ Sub

06-Nov-2010 20:00:16

[#UEUMSPNF7]

[#UEUMSPNF7]

Posts: 15 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What i would 100% love to see would be a Screenshot compitition, with 10 diffrent catagories (ten diffrent winners. :) ) ex. Funny screenshot, The Adventurous hero screenshot, Bigest group Doing _____ screenshot, Nooby screenshot, Random Screenshot, Etc.
I would totaly enter that!
Possible rewards:
Membership, Photo signed by P mods (Mod timbo Pl0x? :P ),
Something else?
I wud luv Anyones if dey did dat! :D .

07-Nov-2010 02:04:13

Occh

Occh

Posts: 202 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally, i believe a competition that involves skilling would be fun.
It may involve talking to NPC's and completely miscellaneous tasks for them (e.g. Making an Attack Potion)
They don'thave to be ridiculous requirements, but challenging and a nice reward at the end, depending on how far you have gotten in your tasks.
Basically it's a timed race, very similar to achievement diaries, but with a little twist and a fun reward. Maybe some shiny new pair of boots or gloves.
Another fun idea might be house parties and go around to see who has the best house, and the winner can recieve a month of membership.
These are only ideas, and maybe if they are polished a little, they may be some fun upcoming event/challenge.

07-Nov-2010 23:40:23

[#43WEMXU79]

[#43WEMXU79]

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Umm Hey Guys.
I have an Idea for an event.
All players can participate. There are no requirements nor restrictions. There will be a designated place of the event. All players who want to participate will assemble at that place at a Specific time. Then whichever person is organizing the event will start the event (Mod Paul or whoever it is).
The Event is basically like testing your knowledge or RuneScape.
The Organizer will give the 1st clue. This Clue will lead to a certain place. Whoever understands the clue can arrive at that place and the Organizer should be waiting there. Obviously the clues get harder each level. Depending on the number of players who solve the clue and reach the place within the time limit, the next clue will be given. The last few (say 20) players should get a last and final clue, which is the most difficult of all.
Whoever solves the last clue and arrives at THAT place will be the 1st Place Winner, the next person 2nd.. and so on.
These people can either get membership or item rewards.
P.S: I personally think there should be 2 events, for both Members and Non-Members

08-Nov-2010 15:58:30

Mr Matt211
Nov Member 2023

Mr Matt211

Posts: 91 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think a good compition would be like this week long tortament. Everyday for like a week or so you have ingame compitions and at the same time people will be doing some out of game compitions like music or screenshots or whatever. And at the end of the week we have a HUGE party for all the players who were in this. Thank you. :) ^_^

P.S. sorry its soo long

09-Nov-2010 11:46:14

[#KHMUD4TU9]

[#KHMUD4TU9]

Posts: 98 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A story writing competition would be a great one. We could have 2-3 different opening or lines giving with the players choosing any 1 and developing a runescape based story on it. There could be an apprximate word limit on the story of, say upto 1000. The ideas in the story might even be used as a basis for new in game developments such as quests, activities and maybe even new weapons and armour (love combat :P ). As for the prizes, it'll be upto you to decide.

11-Nov-2010 08:02:17

JecaJeca

JecaJeca

Posts: 7,471 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
~Find Me Hide & Seek Competition~
-3 Jmods will hide in different places
-The Jmods will give clues, one clue at a time (in their respective clan chats)
-Players will put on their thinking caps and search for the Jmods
-First player to find a Jmod will get a RuneScape T-shirt saying "I found a Jmod!" signed by the three mods that participated in hiding, and 1 month of free RS membership
-Second and third place winners will get the same autographed T-Shirts
-Jmods will PM each other immediately when a player finds them in order to determine the winners.
-This is a great way to get people together to participate in a fun and exciting event. :)
E>Jecaieca<3
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination." -Henry David Thoreau

12-Nov-2010 05:47:53

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top