Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

Half Centaur
Jun Member 2010

Half Centaur

Posts: 6,959 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hmmmmmmmm,
maybe something testing skills and battle strategies like a gladiator ring kinda thing except it would be players how they usually prepare for boss battles ,(with their best armour and food)
or for skillers something like, how many items can you create in 5 min or something where you set a resource that fills your inventor with what you need to make an item and when you make all of them you put it into a pile that is recorded and the most in 5 min. wins.
hmmm, I was thinking something like 'Race around RS' but that would only work if there were obstacles or something testing agility or it would be to boring.
"We call it being a hero"
"That's interesting, we call it utter stupidity"

31-Aug-2010 23:26:16

[#VVY1GX9A3]

[#VVY1GX9A3]

Posts: 625 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would suggest a man-hunt contest, like a jagex moderator is spread around runescape and you have to find the moderator. Hints and clues can be given, also the first person to find the moderator can be rewarded with a better prize than everyone else
Edit: This could be like a treasure trail, when you find the first moderator, another clue could be given and it continues like a chain

01-Sep-2010 05:56:18 - Last edited on 01-Sep-2010 06:17:35 by [#VVY1GX9A3]

Xiaoangeling

Xiaoangeling

Posts: 6,061 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a question Jagex, for months, the background or theme of the Runescape website has been DUNGEONS of DAEMONHEIM. :(
Now you released a new activity called Conquest. Why won't you give the RS website a Conquest theme?
You did some for X'mas, Mobilising Armies...
The Fix: Make A Conquest background
OR

Shia*ui

28-Aug-2010 01:52:26
Maybe JaGeX should hold an event for players to create the new homepage background..?
Like a contest for people that wish to enter.. much like the Machinima contest.
-
The winner's masterpiece will then be used throughout the RS website for some time.
Adapted from - Quick find code: 129-130-192-61584659

01-Sep-2010 06:46:32 - Last edited on 01-Sep-2010 06:55:09 by Xiaoangeling

Galois32

Galois32

Posts: 1,069 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How about a music related competition?
Here's what I have in mind:
Write a song- Write a song for a new quest in the game, based on the title. This would let the players show off their composition skills. I think this would be sent to Jagex as a video and as a score so Jagex can adapt it if necessary.The reward could be having the piece of music in the game, and maybe another reward to benefit them even more, like a Big Ticket.
Another music idea is that a player could use one of the ingame songs and perform it. This would be recorded on camera to show the world their musicianship. For example, Evil Bob's Island could be recorded using a backing sound at the beginning, and a person plays a trumpet for the main theme. The reward could be their video on the Jagex YouTube channel, plus maybe another reward such as a Big Ticket.
I hope these ideas appeal to you!

01-Sep-2010 12:55:32 - Last edited on 01-Sep-2010 12:58:46 by Galois32

A Matt
Nov Member 2023

A Matt

Posts: 5,227 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think an IRL look-a-like competition would be awesome. You have to take a picture of yourself, or somebody else that looks like an NPC outside of runescape!
No runefest pictures allowed.. there will be thousands of drunken dwarves submitted :p
Also, you'd need to get permission of the person you're taking a picture of if it's not yourself.
Cheers! :) - Migy M

02-Sep-2010 09:53:17 - Last edited on 06-Sep-2010 07:46:21 by A Matt

A Matt
Nov Member 2023

A Matt

Posts: 5,227 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Another idea is to hold a competition to do voice overs for a set peice of text! ;D
Like in the new tutorial, it has voice overs for the npc's. Jagex sets a number of 4 short speeches that the entrant has to read and submit into Jagex! The best 4 voice overs gets to do the voices for a new quest by getting a trip to Jagex studios. I think that would be awesome!!
- Migy M

02-Sep-2010 09:58:54

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top