Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

Mod Paul M

Mod Paul M

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
*falls off chair*
Wow, I've not had chance to stop in on this thread for a couple of days so to see 90 plus ideas was quite the surprise.
Thank you so much for giving us your thoughts and ideas, I'm going to sit down with a massive coffee and start working my way through them one by one over the next few days.
Hey, here's one, maybe we could have a competition competition. I hope no one's suggested that already or we might end up in some infinite loop or something.
Anyway, thanks again and please do keep your ideas coming. We really appreciate you taking the time to share them. =)
taraa!
Paul M
*gets off floor*

19-Aug-2010 17:15:11

Roary
Jun Member 2011

Roary

Posts: 1,442 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ive seen on Youtube and such that the idea of a Runescape film seems to be pretty popular, although many game based films aren't too successful, what's stopping anyone making a Runescape Movie Trailor, based on an individual quest or the game itself. Yes it's another video comp. but all styles of video could be accepted.
Categories could unclude: Animation (cartoon style etc.), RSIF (Rs Ingame Footage - a bit like the trailor for the actual game only could be following the story of one or more individual characters), In real video (real life acting)
Of course the winner would be the most thrilling and attention grabbing trailor, a gripping and interesting story line/plot and a clear and understandable presentation.
Thanks for the thread, some ideas here are very good.
Thanks again
-Roary

19-Aug-2010 19:11:51 - Last edited on 19-Aug-2010 19:12:26 by Roary

Roary
Jun Member 2011

Roary

Posts: 1,442 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just an additional thought after reading some of the other posts here,
The songwriting competition seems to be pretty popular. Maybe an official Runescape Theme Song which would be released on the Runescape Youtube Channel.
Could be anything from a cover on an instrument of a song in Rs or a full band performance of a song with lyrics.Could also possibly be released on iTunes? (XMAS #1!) hahaha.
Anyways, peace out :p
-Roary

19-Aug-2010 19:18:29

magic ace

magic ace

Posts: 22 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Paul! Okay I am completely positive that this post does not belong in this thread but its the only one that you are open to at the time for all mods. So what I need is if you could some how make contact with a mod for me and see if me and him could get in contact in some private manner. I would greatly appreciate it. The reason for this odd post and commenting is that I seem to be having some serious issues in the game and I would love it if I could have some help. If this is at all possible I would greatly appreciate it and thank you so much for reading this post.

20-Aug-2010 02:45:36 - Last edited on 20-Aug-2010 03:07:22 by magic ace

Garnet

Garnet

Posts: 1,582 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Have to put my idea innnnnn..... *randomly pulls idea out and slaps it onto post*
I have 3 main ideas which are:
1) Short story contest (200 words descriptive writing)
It'll be based on several aspects within RS eg: city/dungeon/nature/pvp/cultural attractions, just whatever takes your fancy right now.
2) Screen-shot contest!
In 5 frames, capture the essence of how RS has evolved from the humble beginnings to now :D . Sub categories could be things such as funniest photo/most unique/most amazing etc.
3) Signature sign-off!
Came to me when I was doing the barcrawl card thing. In essence it'll just be having to do several tasks which involve both mental and physical aspects. Several tasks for "ninja-ly" placed NPC's could be required to be carried out and once you finish you would get a signature from them.
Note: ninja-ly placed NPC's could be anywhere from the wilderness to a specific room on a specific floor in the dungeons. Also, Sir Prysin and Sir Amik Varse could ninja's in disguise, you never know!
Oh! just thought of a forth idea!
4) RuneScape quiz!
Must sign up, with a maximum of 10 teams (3 people per team) per weekend. You'd win by getting the most questions correctly and faster than any other teams. It'll go on for 5 weeks and the top team in each week will go on to compete in the semi-finals then the top 2 will go into the finals where questions will be submitted by people via player submissions?. You guys could pick the questions so cheating would be very minimal *and* less ranting of the whole "this is unfairrr!!"
What'ya think?

20-Aug-2010 08:10:11

Moto

Moto

Posts: 440 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
1 - A real life Runescape video - Where the person(s) makes a in-real-life play about Runescape, and acts it out - The best one wins - Also this will include them having to make their own props.
2 - A Runescape music video - Yes, I know, we have had tons of these posted on YouTube and have been made many a time before, but these never get old and are always amazing to watch.
3 - A Runescape drawing competition - Now I recommend limiting this down to two things, and that is the program 'Paint', or a in-real-life drawing of something to do with Runescape, whether it's drawing your character in-game or drawing a city.
4 - XP Competition - The person that gets the most amount of XP in a certain skill within a time range will win, obviously there is a lot of faults with this idea; it'll have to be recorded in real time and people will be higher leveled than others resulting in more XP for the higher leveled depending on what skill you pick (Example; this would apply for Woodcutting). Also it might depend on the processor/RAM on your computer, some may be faster than others due to their computer
5 - Runescape race - This isn't really much of a competition, but narrow it down to about 10 people, and have a race between one place and another - Obviously no Energy Restore potions, or teleporting.

A few random ideas I thought of :) I like 3rd the best though ;L

20-Aug-2010 20:47:39

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top